225/45/17 tyres cause rubbing?

On standard spiders or aftermarket wheels,

Mine catch maybe once every couple of weeks when i have a boot full of stuff running pro race 3 wheels 17 x 7.5 with a 38mm offset

It depends on the offset to weather they catch and how low car is

My std 17" spiders rubbed on my coilover platforms but car was very low, had to use spacers to take wheel out slightly.

It was running quiet low at the time, i've now had some spacers made up for my rear coilovers so its lifted abit and sits about same as front and it doesn't catch anymore

2012-08-27171601.jpg

Depends how low you are and what offset and width your wheels are! There's no yes or no without knowing.

Depends how low you are and what offset and width your wheels are! There's no yes or no without knowing.

+1

as mentioned the OP needs to states how low he is going and what offset wheels are so a better response can be provided. else we are guessing

sorry to hijack the thread but im about to order coilover with the hope of a 40 or 50mm drop on standard vrs 17's with 205/50/17 tyres. will this catch the coilover platforms?

With 205 tyre you should be ok.

But again you will only find out when when you attempt to go too low.

This should not deter you buying coilovers. 95% of folks do not lower anywhere near to the strut platform rubbing and the folks that do (like me :rofl: ) are prepared to fix the issue with spacers. Not the end of the world.