Ridiculous offer from my dealer

jonceebee

Received a package yesterday from my dealer stating time to say goodbye, inside was a packet of Skoda branded tissues to wipe my eyes as I parted from my Yeti. But do not worry they said as they could offer me a new Yeti with three years free servicing (already got that on mine) and an interest tate of 7.5% on a new model (I paid cash for my current one)

Why are they sending such things out when I bought the car from the same dealer delivered just less than 6 months ago, I have not had a first service yet as the car has only done 2.5K miles, Yes this is some great offer I don't think. Still the tissues came in handy as my eyes were running from the continual laughing it caused

• Like 1

Received a package yesterday from my dealer stating time to say goodbye, inside was a packet of Skoda branded tissues to wipe my eyes as I parted from my Yeti. But do not worry they said as they could offer me a new Yeti with three years free servicing (already got that on mine) and an interest tate of 10.6% on a new model (I paid cash for my current one)

Why are they sending such things out when I bought the car from the same dealer delivered just less than 6 months ago, I have not had a first service yet as the car has only done 2.5K miles, Yes this is some great offer I don't think. Still the tissues came in handy as my eyes were running from the continual laughing it caused

Not 100% sure who you bought from but my suspicion on who it is then i'm not 100% surprised.

I previously mentioned they didn't fill me with a lot of confidence and are influencing my next car choice in a potentially different direction.

10.6% on a new model almost made me choke on my cup of tea...

Not 100% sure who you bought from but my suspicion on who it is then i'm not 100% surprised.

I previously mentioned they didn't fill me with a lot of confidence and are influencing my next car choice in a potentially different direction.

10.6% on a new model almost made me choke on my cup of tea...

I have amended the credit rate to 7.5% I also thought it was high and I looked again at the letter it was 7.5% my apologies for misleading. Yes I think you know who the dealer will be :hi:

I think dealers just blitz everyone on their mailing list. Last week my wife and I received separate invitations to a 'supersale' day at our dealership this weekend, despite the fact that we have both bought new Skodas (a Citigo and a Yeti) there in the last 6 months. Hardly likely to buy another new car each!

Maybe they think they sell tablets instead of cars. Then it MIGHT had made more sense for someone to change it as often as in once in every year. Then again even for that (tablets) I think it is too often :giggle:

Think I know the dealer; we get stuff regard Fabia's from having bought our previous Elegance there. Also started getting stuff from the dark side empire over in Leeds, assume this is to do with the takeover :wonder:

TP

Think I know the dealer; we get stuff regard Fabia's from having bought our previous Elegance there. Also started getting stuff from the dark side empire over in Leeds, assume this is to do with the takeover :wonder:

TP

Yes Tim you know who the dealer is, but what I find most annoying about this is, They are trying to offload you with another new car already and since spending over £20k on the Yeti I would have thought it would have been more courteous to have sent me a letter asking about my new car experience etc. But in the six months no contact what so ever. When I had the VW company cars I was regularly phoned asking about my satisfaction with the Passats, no doubt trying to ensure I took another when the car was due to change.Maybe all dealers have changed and they cannot be bothered about customer satisfaction etc. Suppose after 35 years of having new cars I am just longing for the good old days of dealer attitudes.
  • Like 2

Yes Tim you know who the dealer is, but what I find most annoying about this is, They are trying to offload you with another new car already and since spending over £20k on the Yeti I would have thought it would have been more courteous to have sent me a letter asking about my new car experience etc. But in the six months no contact what so ever. When I had the VW company cars I was regularly phoned asking about my satisfaction with the Passats, no doubt trying to ensure I took another when the car was due to change.Maybe all dealers have changed and they cannot be bothered about customer satisfaction etc. Suppose after 35 years of having new cars I am just longing for the good old days of dealer attitudes.

Use a small family owned dealer, rather than a "group/franchise" place would be my advice.

A lot of the groups have got so big each customer is relatively unimportant, it's just targetted marketing and sales/parts targets handed down from people earning silly money.

• Like 3

I thought Yetis were in short supply and dealers could sell everyone they were allocated. Or has this changed?

Just ordered a Citigo to replace our second car. Will report more when it arrives in September :think:

My VW experience is pretty much that you refer to joncee but again it might be the same dealerships involved.

So it's hard to judge if that is just VW or that particular dealership, which i don't believe is a small independent.

• Like 1

Use a small family owned dealer, rather than a "group/franchise" place would be my advice.

A lot of the groups have got so big each customer is relatively unimportant, it's just targetted marketing and sales/parts targets handed down from people earning silly money.

Problem is 'old fashioned' Skoda dealers are getting fewer and fewer; hence now going to Lincoln.

TP

• Like 2

It is not something the dealer concocted I suspect. The secretaries in Milton Keynes came up with this idea all by themselves (it really seems classic secretarial stuff doesn't it?!) as I got the exact same tears and tissues from Marlborough Škoda in London the other day...

• Like 1

It is not something the dealer concocted I suspect. The secretaries in Milton Keynes came up with this idea all by themselves (it really seems classic secretarial stuff doesn't it?!) as I got the exact same tears and tissues from Marlborough Škoda in London the other day...

Might be an idea from Milton Keynes, but the tissues came from my dealer as there was a card attached to the letter from the Sales Manager, the very same one who sold me the Yeti in the first place. He obviously remembers me very well, I don't think

Might be an idea from Milton Keynes, but the tissues came from my dealer as there was a card attached to the letter from the Sales Manager, the very same one who sold me the Yeti in the first place. He obviously remembers me very well, I don't think

Same here... but again I suspect the secretaries sent them 100 pre-printed boxes and tissues and a sub-secretary at said dealer married some business cards to the pre-printed stuff from Milton Keynes... No thought went into matching the Milton Keynes tea party data base* with that of the dealer or with a database of any of their recent sales.

*Cars? What? We sell cars?! Oh dear.

• Like 2

Nope, i quite often get letters and emails asking how the car is going. Not so often as to be annoying but frequent enough to maintain contact and let me know what's going on. Even when a new model is launched I get an email pitched as "obviously you'll not be buying one but we thought you might enjoy test drive" etc

It works well for them, I've been buying all my cars there for the last 15 years

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I thought Yetis were in short supply and dealers could sell everyone they were allocated. Or has this changed?

Just ordered a Citigo to replace our second car. Will report more when it arrives in September :think:

That's changed. Several used examples at my local place (they only sell used cars now, there's nowhere in the local area that sells them new now)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2