My Octavia Part Build Thread

Ok, so here goes, this is a far from complete build as I failed to actually take a lot of photos of the parts being fit, but anyone that fancies having a go at doing any of the mods listed feel free to ask me a question and I'll do my best to point you in the right direction.

I will say that I've now removed the X5 wheels as they scrubbed a bit, and after too many people saying they would rather see it back on the standard wheels I finally gave in and put them back on, if I had them on a MKIV golf they'd probably suit it better, I think the Octy was a bit boxy for them anyway.

post-94573-13724473260336_thumb.jpg

post-94573-13724473699566_thumb.jpg

I had it remapped a long time ago with a pretty aggressive map, this caused loads of issues running it through the standard pipework etc and was forever blowing pipes, throwing fault codes (including the dreaded 17705 and limp mode) so one rainy winters day I finally decided to give the engine a bit of a transformation.

post-94573-13724475849509_thumb.jpg

post-94573-13724476038094_thumb.jpg

post-94573-1372447630484_thumb.jpg

So that's a K04-001 turbo, FMIC kit, TIP, Downpipe and De-Cat and although not pictured as they had been fitted a new DV and silicone boost hose kit - although most of which was replaced when fitting the FMIC, so a tip for those who are planning on fitting an intercooler, don't waste your money on the silicone hose sets as you won't need any of it!

Next there are a few fitting pics, a home made lamp that scarred me for life and a dominos pizza that spurred on the 23 hour straight stint of fitting everything!

post-94573-13724479904038_thumb.jpg

post-94573-13724480141434_thumb.jpg

post-94573-1372448156935_thumb.jpg

post-94573-13724480388285_thumb.jpg

post-94573-13724480657995_thumb.jpg

post-94573-13724481235792_thumb.jpg

So that's pretty much the first stage of what was done

For the second part really was cleaning up a few other bits, I deleted the SAI pump, N249 and EVAP system, all of which actually made quite a difference to the way that the car runs, it made it a lot smoother and more responsive, so I've seen many threads on here questioning if it works etc or causes faults and the answer is.....

Yes, it causes the occasional EML light, but as long as you have the fault code reader it's nothing that can't be reset, mainly the EVAP system incorrect flow code when sat in traffic, it does has a negative effect on the emissions too, so remember this before pulling it all apart. I.e. keep the parts!

So all of which you can see in the picture has now been replaced by an oil catch tank and forge blanking plate.

post-94573-13724489072944_thumb.jpg

Ok, so here goes, this is a far from complete build as I failed to actually take a lot of photos of the parts being fit, but anyone that fancies having a go at doing any of the mods listed feel free to ask me a question and I'll do my best to point you in the right direction.

I will say that I've now removed the X5 wheels as they scrubbed a bit, and after too many people saying they would rather see it back on the standard wheels I finally gave in and put them back on, if I had them on a MKIV golf they'd probably suit it better, I think the Octy was a bit boxy for them anyway.

I had it remapped a long time ago with a pretty aggressive map, this caused loads of issues running it through the standard pipework etc and was forever blowing pipes, throwing fault codes (including the dreaded 17705 and limp mode) so one rainy winters day I finally decided to give the engine a bit of a transformation.

So that's a K04-001 turbo, FMIC kit, TIP, Downpipe and De-Cat and although not pictured as they had been fitted a new DV and silicone boost hose kit - although most of which was replaced when fitting the FMIC, so a tip for those who are planning on fitting an intercooler, don't waste your money on the silicone hose sets as you won't need any of it!

Next there are a few fitting pics, a home made lamp that scarred me for life and a dominos pizza that spurred on the 23 hour straight stint of fitting everything!

So that's pretty much the first stage of what was done

Nice job there buddy

I am still toying with going either Hybrid K03s or go for K04-001 turbo as both give ability of keeping std down pipe and MAF etc.

I think the K04-001 turbo maxes out at around 260 so was more tempted to the hybrid, what figure are you getting and what is your experience since fitting the K04.

Yes, there's three resistors running, one for each of the different bits of kit removed, and again to clear up a lot of the myth that goes with this, they don't overheat and catch fire, melt etc, they have been on for 15k miles / 1 Year and caused no problems!

uhepamyh.jpg

edadurub.jpg

sejusadu.jpg

ba3ytyqa.jpg

That's just a last few pictures of the engine bay and a few other tweaks, so the full spec list is below:

K04-001 turbo

FMIC

Koni FSD shocks

SPAX springs

Silicone TIP

Cold Feed induction kit

Uprated DV

Silicone boost pipes

3" down pipe / De Cat

2.75" custom exhaust system

Saab Injectors

4bar FPR

Mintex Vented / grooved discs + Pads

Bosch Super 4's (although I've been told to throw these away - any tips)

Deleted EVAP, N249, SIA system

Stage 1 remap - really need a stage 2 custom now!

Replaced list.....

Coilpacks

MAF

N75

Plugs

Metal Bladed Waterpump

Cambelt + tensioners

....... And still have an unknown misfire that won't throw a fault code.......

And bowders, in answer to your question the K04's been brilliant, it's just a cheap Chinese one but has been bulletproof. As for HP figures I'm unsure as the mapping was done before I fit all these bits, but as a reflection of speed it's quicker than the new Megane GT - which is 260bhp I think and only a nose away from keeping up with the new focus RS, I'm not going to be unrealistic and say its transformed it into a super car but for just a few quid it's a cheap bolt on mod - obviously backed up by the FMIC and TIP etc

It certainly boosts a tiny bit lower than the K03's but more importantly holds its power for a long longer into the rev range, I think the K03's and the K04 probably peak about the same (at a guess) but the K04 keeps its so much longer, making the power a lot more useable.

My next plan is maybe something T3/4 based as my next planned mod was an exhaust manifold, I'm happy to build up the pipework myself for it but would love to know if anyone's already tried it on here.

My engine bay looks like the inside of a party popper, no thought was ever spent on the looks, it's only plus side is that it's crammed with goodies lol! I even had to hack away at the engine cover to allow it to fit back on. I discovered one huge benefit of owning an octavia too, unlike the golf and bora's who have the intercooler pipes hanging out of the vents in the bumper, the Octavias long nose meant I could keep it all hidden!

And again for Bowders I think the answer would be the hybrid anyway, the K04 on mine was simply a replacement for my whining K03's as I think the shaft bearings had gone, Turbo Dynamics can do a stage 2 hybrid build for £395+ Vat, but I couldn't afford to have the car off the road while it was sent away and refurbished. So the intention was to have this done afterwards and just sell on the K04 once I'd had it returned. But, I wanted to get the exhaust manifold replaced next as the standard ones like blowing up a balloon with Asthma! And when I started looking at a decent manifold it became clear that really with the limited options available, I'd be as well spending the money on a T3/T4 fitment and doing a much bigger turbo. So now saving the pennies! - but first dealing with the annoying issues!

• 3 years later...