I picked up my car!

I drove it from the dealer to Portsmouth and got in the longest traffic jam ever, about an hour and a half getting in Gunwharf then about 2 or 3 hours getting out!

But, in that time I have decided the following: it's really fricking comfy, it smells bloody brilliant, it's quick, it's so easy to use, the columbus is worth every penny, the bluetooth is great, the speakers are great, the stop/start system was brilliant, it looks amazing, handles really really well, is comfy, so much room, everyone thus far loves the colour and the girlfriend loves it (I'm worried she may steal it from me).

For me, the Octavia was worth the wait and worth every penny it is fantastic, I drove it home tonight and it looks great at night, I had a lovely easy drive from the girlfriends house and it was something else I am really really impressed.

This is my 4th car and my 2 cars before my Fabia were old bangers so if you think I am being over enthusiastic of the car or it's not as good as..... I don't care, I love it and I wouldn't change it for any other car!

• Like 3

I drove it from the dealer to Portsmouth and got in the longest traffic jam ever, about an hour and a half getting in Gunwharf then about 2 or 3 hours getting out!

But, in that time I have decided the following: it's really fricking comfy, it smells bloody brilliant, it's quick, it's so easy to use, the columbus is worth every penny, the bluetooth is great, the speakers are great, the stop/start system was brilliant, it looks amazing, handles really really well, is comfy, so much room, everyone thus far loves the colour and the girlfriend loves it (I'm worried she may steal it from me).

For me, the Octavia was worth the wait and worth every penny it is fantastic, I drove it home tonight and it looks great at night, I had a lovely easy drive from the girlfriends house and it was something else I am really really impressed.

This is my 4th car and my 2 cars before my Fabia were old bangers so if you think I am being over enthusiastic of the car or it's not as good as..... I don't care, I love it and I wouldn't change it for any other car!

Congratulation with your new car.

Which loudspeakers do you got?

It sounds good but no idea what it is! What did you buy exactly? :)

My apologies, I can't believe I forgot to mention what car I got ha ha, it a 1.4 TSI Elegance Hatch in Race blue, I must say this is the first time I've fallen in love with the car, I keep wanting to look at it ha ha

Congratulation with your new car.

Which loudspeakers do you got?

I just went for the standard speakers in the end, I was tempted by the Canton but the speakers in the Octavia are so good I'm happy I saved my money, I've changed the bass and treble settings so it sounds even better!

My apologies, I can't believe I forgot to mention what car I got ha ha, it a 1.4 TSI Elegance Hatch in Race blue, I must say this is the first time I've fallen in love with the car, I keep wanting to look at it ha ha

I just went for the standard speakers in the end, I was tempted by the Canton but the speakers in the Octavia are so good I'm happy I saved my money, I've changed the bass and treble settings so it sounds even better!

Does the standard speakers in UK come with four or eight units?

Does the standard speakers in UK come with four or eight units?

All UK cars get Bolero at least (so Amundsen without Nav function basically) and 8 speakers I believe.

I'm think I'm still slightly pushing to the 1.4 over the 2.0 tdi. Be interesting to hear what mpg is achievable with a few more miles on the clock. :) The only thing I would say though is that the Canton system is definetly worth specifying if you are into the audio. I've now done two 'sessions' at the dealers comparing them back to back and the Canton is exceptional value for money IMO :)

Congratulations WallaceSteve, pleased to here you are chuffed with your new car. You didn't pick a good day to visit Portsmouth - I believe the M275 flyover above the Rudmore roundabout is closed for road works. Usual incompetent road traffic management, it's Armed Forces Day in the Historic Dockyard which included the rare opportunity for the public to go inboard one of our latest Type 45 destroyers. Why have the bloody roadworks when they are expecting crowds? Morons!

I tried too late to order the Canton sound system, but like you I'm more than happy with the standard set up. Can't think of anything I would alter in my spec having driven 1,500 miles since pick up which is unusual for me as I normally think afterwards that I wished I had added some piece of kit or other.

I know Portsmouth reasonably well as I work in the Navy Base - thankfully I don't live there!

Edited by Timoctav