lol SWAPZ.co.uk bhp exagerations

spent a few days looking on there and jesus Christ the amount of cars especially fabia claiming WILD bhp claims with zero proof

fabias with a panel filter and remap claiming 200++ lol and one claiming that im wrong and that a pd150 turbo filter and exhaust will give close to 270bhp :o

really is strating to get annoying reading them all the time " my mate has a"....." im a mechanic I know bhp"..... " im a car trader I know what bhp feels like"....." I raced a :::: and beat it "   and my personal favourite " when you test drive it youll know" as if im a rolling road machine..

where are these people coming from lol

I think people need to stop reading the instructions and max power magazines.. air filter gives 25bhp so that's what it must give lol if that were the case we would all be driving around in 900bhp cars lol

• Like 3

lol a Scooby claiming 500bhp has a standard intercooler thatl cope with 280bhp MAX a td04 that do the same, standard 380cc injectors but claims its been remapped even though classic early scoobies cant be remapped.. in other words it has a universal chip worth £30 lol

Have you seen the other car the guy in the first link has? He can't even read (no surprise!) the badge off the back to get the right model name! http://www.swapz.co.uk/swapz/3773856/renault_magan_scenic/

He also claims "never let me down just my girlfriend", now, does he mean that his girlfriend has let him down, or the Magan has never let him down, it's only failed on his GF? The second sentence I can't even begin to understand!

And to quote the second advert "VERY FAST CAR" , no an AMG, Zonda etc is a very fast car. Yours is a TDi with a remap . . .

Edited by TriggerFish
  • Like 1

Have you seen the other car the guy in the first link has? He can't even read (no surprise!) the badge off the back to get the right model name! http://www.swapz.co.uk/swapz/3773856/renault_magan_scenic/

He also claims "never let me down just my girlfriend", now, does he mean that his girlfriend has let him down, or the Magan has never let him down, it's only failed on his GF? The second sentence I can't even begin to understand!

And to quote the second advert "VERY FAST CAR" , no an AMG, Zonda etc is a very fast car. Yours is a TDi with a remap . . .

Eshchurry Inglish innit, blud, I az got  a renknow magan. I'll ask ColinD if there an auto-translate from chav to English that can be installed in the next update :D

The best I ever saw was a guy on Instagram with the #briskoda claiming his 1.4 was running 180bhp because it had a gti map?

Serious.

and why is that not believable?  I have a 1.4 running 180bhp also...... granted it has a supercharger and a turbo, I also have to admit I didi nothing to it, Skoda sent it out the factory with 180bhp.

I am currently tweaking and fettling the fat Golf 4 motion, the comments made above are quite standard on the GTI forum or such places, dar you try to argue that it isn't and they call on the chav army to post against you, I have removed myself from such forums and only post in the real world now.

Gents, I hate to remind you, but it used to be a lot like that on these very forums until people actually started running the txtspeak chavs off instead of treating them like m8's.

There are still some of the little horrors lurking hereabouts I'm quite sure.

and why is that not believable?  I have a 1.4 running 180bhp also...... granted it has a supercharger and a turbo, I also have to admit I didi nothing to it, Skoda sent it out the factory with 180bhp.

I am currently tweaking and fettling the fat Golf 4 motion, the comments made above are quite standard on the GTI forum or such places, dar you try to argue that it isn't and they call on the chav army to post against you, I have removed myself from such forums and only post in the real world now.

I'm talking mk1 Fabia.

Although I'm sure you know that. Lol.

• Like 1

"I have a 1.4 running 180bhp also...... granted it has a supercharger and a turbo, I also have to admit I didi nothing to it, Skoda sent it out the factory with 180bhp."

Not related to this topic in any way really.

But did you know about 14 years ago Honda sold a 1.6 with no turbo and no supercharger that made 185 BHP.

Yeah its 200cc more.... but kind of puts into perspective how in terms of BHP the industry hasn't really progressed. That or how Honda were light years ahead of anybody at the time.

• Like 1

"I have a 1.4 running 180bhp also...... granted it has a supercharger and a turbo, I also have to admit I didi nothing to it, Skoda sent it out the factory with 180bhp."

Not related to this topic in any way really.

But did you know about 14 years ago Honda sold a 1.6 with no turbo and no supercharger that made 185 BHP.

Yeah its 200cc more.... but kind of puts into perspective how in terms of BHP the industry hasn't really progressed. That or how Honda were light years ahead of anybody at the time.

158 BHP not 185 BHP, typo?

Guest BigJase88

The b16b was only on the jap ek9's!

So you need a genuine import ek9 to have the b engine

The b16a is the one we got! (Which still goes well)