Hatchback sunroof

Hi, first time posting here. I'm just about to order a 1.6 elegance hatchbach DSG and can't decide about a sunroof. A mate said he'd looked at them and they were a panoramic sunroof and looked great, however looking in the brochure and on the website it looks like an ordinary sized sunroof. Anyone know what size it is?

(There is a pic of an estate in the brochure with what likes a big sunroof, but I can't seem to see that offered as an option for the estate)

Thanks in anticipation for any help.

It is a normal size sunroof, although from outside looks like is panoramic (it is built like it would be panoramic, but in fact the opening in the roof is normal size.). I ordered it for my elegance hatchback, because I wanted the sunroof regardless of the size. And from outside looks great.

For the estate there is a truly panoramic sunroof though.

I'm going for a dunroof in my order, they are a bit expensive I agree, but my 2nd ever can , a ooooold Fiat Punto had a windy one, best thing ever always wanted another one

I've ordered it myself as well. Hopefully it will arrive soon, but probably not before August. I'll post pictures as soon as it arrives at dealer.

I am very pro sunroofs as I had one in my octyII estate. Had a panoramic in my 406 estate, but, I don't see the point in this

It does look really nice from the outside, however I would e concerned that I have glass on the outside that could get a stone chip, but is not even used!!

Surely it would have not cost Skoda any more to NOT put fabric in the back and leave it clear.

That's ridiculous. All that just to give an opening pretty much like any other sun roof?

It's not all that bad. IMO

If you look at where the opening is in relation to the B pillar from the inside, there isn't that much wasted glass at the back. There's actually more at the front by the looks of it.. It's about the same size as the sunroof on the Mk2, but they have a glass panel all the way across the roof so it looks more interesting from the back.

This is the £800 option, I believe, then the estate gets the £1000 one with a second fixed glass panel.

Waste of time IMO as i expressed in my earlier thread on this topic. If costs more than a standard sunroof and doesn't offer any advantages. The lateral beam behind it hinders headroom and It's large glass area is surely more easily damaged by things and more costly to repair as most insurance policy's exclude the glass panel from the glass breakage policy.

It's not all that bad. IMO

I just doubt they'll sell many, especially if potential owners see it and understand it first. Now the estate, that's a completely different proposition and possibly worth the additional £200 over the inferior hatchback version.

• Like 1