Citigo Sport or Elegance?

BobSmoke

So, SWMBO has decided to part ways with her Golf Gti for something smaller, cheaper and new. After some time trying to get her to go for a Fabia vRS (which to be honest defeats the purpose) We took a look at the Citigo at our local dealer and have booked a test drive next weekend of both the Sport and Elegance.

She loves the interior trim of the Sport, but I'm inclined towards the Elegance for the slightly better spec in terms of engine size etc.

Would welcome any points of view from current owners of either spec (or both, whatever). Cheers!

For me and my better half there is no question that the elegance is the one to go for. Better spec and toys over the racy trim and stripes with no extra go or ride quality.

Dunno about your country, but here in Norway you can get the Sport with 75ps also. The only difference between the two is the looks. They both have the lowered sports suspension.
I too like the looks of the Sport better, but there was one thing that made me choose the Elegance GT instead - The Sport did not have cruise control.

Keep in mind, that other combinations may be valid for the UK.

We're considering either the 1.0 MPI 60PS 5 speed manual for the Sport, or a 1.0 MPI 75PS 5 speed manual greentech in the elegance. So 'almost' the same engine...

Does the extra 15PS make a massive difference? The Greentech isn't offered with the sports suspension, where as the sport is fitted as standard.

Engine size is exactly the same?

Yes, but you can't get the sport in the 75 PS version.

Not that it' really an issue, you have to thrash the 75 PS near the redline before you notice the difference between it and a 60 PS.

I'd say it depends on you.

The Sport is more funky with a little splitter and the stripes included.

The Elegance is a bit more grown up.

I had the Elegance  75 PS, if I was buying again I'd get the Sport.

For me and my better half there is no question that the elegance is the one to go for. Better spec and toys over the racy trim and stripes with no extra go or ride quality.

They have about the same amount of go.

The Elegance will have lowered "Greentec" suspension and the Sport will have lowered "sports" suspension.

So basically the same ride, you just lose a few non-essential toys. (depending on what toys you really need)

Am I right in thinking you can't change the spec. on the sport? we have a lot of options added to our Elegance and I think I'd miss quite a few of them. Cruise control and the trip computer is nice, the extra speakers are an essential -the difference with and without the entertainment pack is night and day and well worth the £100 asking price

I've just made a similar decision but decided on the opposite. Like the Fox above says, there's plenty to the sport more than stripes, what with the body kit extras. For me the cabin looks bang on with the seats and the red-stitched leather and stubby gear shift - and the splitter and 15" rims just make the car look perfect in its stance. I'll live without the chrome trim of the elegance, and I can live without heated seats (used precisely twice on my Fabia) and electric mirrors (once set never adjusted again on my Fabia). Cruise is the only option I'd really want, but that is an option on both Eleg and Sport cars I believe. My other point is that if my 'better half' had a hand in my car choices, I'd be driving around in 'S' spec motors all the time!

• Like 1

Many thanks for the comments and views!

Just thought I'd update this post as we put an order in for a Citigo sport on the weekend. Should be here in a few weeks.

Dealer also threw in a free valet and tank of petrol for my vRS as a sweetener. Looking forwards to having two shiney cars now! :thumbup:

• Like 1

We went for the Sport too. Quick availability, trim, body kit and wheels all played a part in our choice. Each to their own, I'm sure no one would be disappointed, whichever way they choose.

I have a 75 hp sport on its way from Bratislava to Bremerhaven as we speak. So yes, you can have the sport with the 75 hp engine in Norway. 

You are indeed correct.

I checked with the dealer and need to correct myself: The sport is delivered with only 75ps in Norway  :rock: . The 60ps version, however, is not available.

Edited by loadinglevelone