What if I don't use the park assist function itself, just front and rear sensors as standard parking sensors? I have a yeti with front and rear sensors and it allows me to park quickly without fear of scuffing a bumping.

Yep that works!!

• Like 1

Right - have been able to negotiate with the dealer and get onto the 0% finance deal which has given us a nice chunk of interest that we won't have to pay. The wife has agreed to let us spend £1k of it on extra bits for the car!! 

The spec we originally ordered was: Octavia Elegance 2.0 TDI DSG, Steel/Platin Grey & Bi-Xenon lights.

Now that we are going to spend this extra bit, we've decided to add:

- Spare Wheel £75

- KESSY £300

- Heated seats £200

(these ones we're 99.9% sold on)

but then we were looking between the adaptive cruise control or park assist which are each £450. If you were in my shoes, which one of these would you go for and why?

I was originally thinking park assist as it's a larger car and my wife isn't 100% comfortable parking such a large car but then had another think this morning and, actually, she won't be driving it all that often and when she does, it's likely to be to areas with parking lots or home to our driveway so would we actually use the auto parking function or would it just be a really expensive set of front parking sensors? I then started to consider the adaptive cruise control. I could see using this a lot.

I can't decide so I'm hoping you fine folks can give me a hand...

Of all the options available, I've gone for Winter Pack (quicker deicing), Sunset glass (protect the dog!) and Tow Bar Prep (for my bike rack). I can't justify the extra cost of Xenons, especially as I don't do a lot of driving in the dark. IMO KESSY is a gimmick that isn't necessary, I've never had a problem using my key anyway! Also, I've never had an issue parking vehicles that are much larger than the Octy so I can't justify Park assist. I suppose if I were doing a lot of motorway driving ACC would have been an option. Leather seats were a possibility but after having them in my Octy 2 VRS decided to go for something different - plus the missus prefers the Half Leather anyway! Spare wheel is a good idea as the gunk you get is toss, but I haven't ordered it as I'm keeping the full size spare from the Octy 2  :giggle:

I don't see the option for sunset glass (is this tinted rear windows)??? I was really wanting this but didn't see it.

Also, they don't seem to have a winter pack as an option anymore.

I don't see the option for sunset glass (is this tinted rear windows)??? I was really wanting this but didn't see it. Also, they don't seem to have a winter pack as an option anymore.

Yes, Sunset glass is all windows behind front seats tinted - good value, especially on the combi. If you regularly transport people or dogs in the back I'd recommend it, I'm led to believe the glass is manufactured to be darker rather than having a film applied. Retro fitting Professional tinting can be upwards of £200 depending on how dark you go and the quality of the film.

With regards to the winter pack, this is basically Heated screen, heated washer nozzles and heated seats. They don't show on the configurator as winter pack but if you spec all 3 the dealer will order them together using one code.

Yes, Sunset glass is all windows behind front seats tinted - good value, especially on the combi. If you regularly transport people or dogs in the back I'd recommend it, I'm led to believe the glass is manufactured to be darker rather than having a film applied. Retro fitting Professional tinting can be upwards of £200 depending on how dark you go and the quality of the film.

With regards to the winter pack, this is basically Heated screen, heated washer nozzles and heated seats. They don't show on the configurator as winter pack but if you spec all 3 the dealer will order them together using one code.

sunset glass is only available with the estate/combi.

sunset glass is only available with the estate/combi.

Damn - I would have liked that. Had it on the Focus and became quite attached to it! Also - is there any pricing advantage to ordering it as a Winter Pack vs individual items?

Sunset glass tint (or better) can be aftermarket if you really want it. :)

What has been your (or anyone else's) experience with aftermarket tinting? Quality? How it ages?

Avoid anything gimmicky and just go for things you feel you'd definitely make use of. Trouble is options are such a personal thing asking advice from others will probably just serve to confuse you further.

i think the standard kit on an Elegance is very good anyway, there would be a couple of things id stick on myself but not many as you'll never benefit from it come resale time.

• Like 1

I don't intend to sell for quite a while and don't mind if I loose out the cost if the extras

This is how I feel too. I'm buying these extras to enhance my driving experience over the next 5-6 years.

I usually buy the fitted sunscreens for all the back windows, I have a set that clip into the frame around the window so the windows still go up and down fitted to my FL oct, but have checked and they currently don't have a set ready for the MK3 Oct.

Dealer supplies these as well but a massive price, I got mine direct from the manufacturer on Ebay

Multumesc!

For me, the heated windscreen just annoys me with the tiny wires in the screen. Had them on a ford focus titanium company car and they were all I kept looking at as I drove!!

Yeti & Harkonnen - I'd love the Canton but let me tell you how that conversation went last night me - I'd love to get these. They dramatically improve the sound and have noise cancelling so you don't hear the outside noise as much! wife - you already play your music too loud, why would we pay for 2 more speakers and a subwoofer so you can listen to it louder!? Me - But noise cancelling!! Wife - Moving on...

Bluetooth, voice control and rear parking sensors are standard on the elegance so getting those guys already!

500pounds for the wifeless system and 500 for the Canton and you will be the king

Drew, I have the park assist and would agree that the old system, as fitted to older Yeti and Superb II is a gimmick as it only does parallel parking but for the extra £100 the front and SIDE sensors work in tandem with the rears when manually parking, which I found invaluable with the Superb. As the new Octy is only 150mm shorter than the Superb, I decided to stick with the park assist, and it is even better than the Superb as it does BAY parking as well as parallel and also there is an extra pair of sensors on the rear side wheel arches so you have 360° sensor coverage even when not using the assist features. The front, side and rear sensors all activate alerts automatically at low speed without pressing the button, whereas on the Superb, the fronts only used to activate if you had either first selected reverse gear or pressed the button.

Turning to ACC, I would also have added that, had it been an option on launch weekend orders, as my Father in Law had an S Max with it fitted and it was brilliant. Soooooo, I would ditch the KESSY and take park assist and ACC. If you can get SWMBO to up the budget slightly, I would also recommend upgrading your heated seats to full winter pack, the heated screen wires are very unobtrusive and having previously owned a Focus and Passat with this feature, it was a no brainer for me!

Good luck with your choices!

Edited by Matt Pez
  • Like 3

On the elegance spec in Norway we can choose either just "Front Assist with City Safe emergency braking" which costs 2000 NOK (~220 GBP) or "Adaptive cruise control including Front Assist and City Safe emergency braking" which costs 4900 NOK (~540 GBP). I would probably opt for the first one.

In addition we can also choose to have just the parking sensors installed in front (and back which is std on elegance) for 3000 NOK (~330 GBP) or opt for Park Assist 2.0 for 5700 NOK (~625 GBP). I would go for the latter.

Some of the other options I would definitely like to have are: 1) Electric driver seat which is more flexible compared to the manual one and 2) Folding front passenger seat

Just thought I'd tie this off for everyone.

So this was the original spec:

Octavia 2.0 TDI DSG

Steel Grey Met Paint

Bi-Xenons

And, with your help, we've added:

- Heated seats

- park assist

- adaptive cruise control

- three spoke wheel

- kessy

- full size spare wheel

and with the 0% finance, still come out paying less and getting way more. Thanks Skoda!

Even more thrilled to get the car now!! Just spoke with Steph and Skoda UK (super helpful!!)  and she said I have an estimated build week of 35 and that should be confirmed next week!!

On the elegance spec in Norway we can choose either just "Front Assist with City Safe emergency braking" which costs 2000 NOK (~220 GBP) or "Adaptive cruise control including Front Assist and City Safe emergency braking" which costs 4900 NOK (~540 GBP). I would probably opt for the first one.

In addition we can also choose to have just the parking sensors installed in front (and back which is std on elegance) for 3000 NOK (~330 GBP) or opt for Park Assist 2.0 for 5700 NOK (~625 GBP). I would go for the latter.

Some of the other options I would definitely like to have are: 1) Electric driver seat which is more flexible compared to the manual one and 2) Folding front passenger seat

So does the Elegance spec in Norway not come with front assist standard? Those prices seem to make it seem that way.

So does the Elegance spec in Norway not come with front assist standard? Those prices seem to make it seem that way.

Nope ! In fact there are a lot of things that you get as standard on the Elegance that we dont: Alcantara seats, Amundsen, Variable boot floor and Front assist. On the positive side however we do get Bi-xenon, LED daytime running lights,LED rear lights, and chrome window trim. And we also have the 1.8TSI engine with 4x4 and DSG as an option.