How to avoid SPAM on Superb II forum

I have just been given a top tip by another forum member on how to effectively have a SPAM filter for the forum.

You go to your account settings, click on 'manage ignore pref' and there you can enter a member username you may wish to filter out.

Then in future you no longer see that person's posts. Unfortunately it doesn't work for the main forum view or if other people quote them, but its better than without. ;) ;) ;)

Just thought I'd post in case this was useful to anyone.

Cheers

Steve

• Like 1

My my ain't you got a bug up yours Steve?

Lets see if your filter is working eh :hi:

@ admin, he wants you to ban me and thats why his petty self keeps on with threads and replies like this, childish man, I'm trying to ignore him but he keeps popping back up with another sly dig here and there, and I know you guy's haven't bothered me so I'm guessing for all his provocation it's not working.

And for the record, when did it become a crime to say negative things on a forum about a car as well as positives, if my Insignia doesn't live up to it I'll be having an honest say about that as well.

Edited by Supurbia

if my Insignia doesn't live up to it I'll be having an honest say about that as well.

I had a 09 insignia from new. And im afraid my ownership didn't go well. For starters I couldn't achieve an average of high 40's on mpg, and that was 98% motorway. I had a piece of trim by the front passenger door handle keep falling off as the door was closed, but the worst problem was the brakes. I was washing the car and noticed some deep scoring on the rear disks. Had a trawl on the Internet and found s technical bulletin warning about incorrect brake pad material. Phoned up my local vauxhall dealer and they had no idea what I was on about. Booked it in to so they could look at it and gave them the technical bulletin. Got a phone call to Say that tge bulletin effected my car and that the rear discs and pads needed replacement. The best bit was when I tried to re book it in to get them changed and I was told my car was too dangerous for them to release and i had to wait until the work was completed. This left me stumped on how to travel the 100 miles to work.

The seats were awful to. More comfortable in my 21 year nova I had at the same time.

On a good point though, the rear end is hard as nails. A lady in a corsa tried to shorten mine when it was 8 weeks old. Her front end was completely destroyed, I only had a cracked bumper.

How many usernames can it take? Getting fed up of every thread in our Superb II forum being taken over by "Supurbia vs stevehg"...

Slight exaggeration there. As far as I'm aware there's only one member who posts on practically every thread. Thanks to another member's suggestion, I now use the SPAM filter so you won't see me reply or respond to them again, and for me the forum will return to some sense of normality. Personally, I've had enough of a certain person posting everywhere, calling numerous members liars etc etc. hence I'll be using that useful tip.

The forum provides this feature for a reason, and its a personal choice whether you use it or not. Personally for me, it means I can still enjoy this forum. Alternative would have been to stop visiting.

Cheers

Steve

@ Ritchiej

I was aware of those things happening before I bought the car, like most cars they all seem to have some sort of faults to them but the crucial bit is whether the maker of it holds their hands up and makes good, but thx for the pointers anyway bud. :rock:

@ Steve, so me posting and trying to help others is now annoying you also :wall:  and if I think someone is a liar or maybe just got their workings wrong then I being the upfront type I am will say so as I don't like people who either deliberately deceive or post unachievable facts,

tbh the Goat is correct, the only thing wrong here is your constant childish attention seek is causing threads to get soiled by you and I when like now I have to retort to you,

You need to grow a sense of humour btw Steve, this whole thing yesterday was obviously motivated by my light hearted replies in the Superb SUV thread which if you read properly isn't spam or trolling, Skoda come up with some alternative names for their cars so a future SUV is bound to get named something outside of the box and myself and another user simply posted some jokey sort of potential names up,

For others reading have a look at this, on another forum a newbie posted a thread asking if anyone could lend her their R8 for her wedding, to cut a long story short we had a spat because you could see it was a crime gang looking for R8 locations nice and ready to steal, the end of it was she got married and posted some Trueprint publicity pics of god knows whose wedding set in a Dallas like scenario, all that glitz for someone who couldn't afford £200 to hire a flash sports car, and what a car to sit it in a wedding dress eh, we never saw her again after that, so my actions on that thread possibly saved someone kind enough to lend a car like that a whole heap of do do's, this is a prime example of why when I see something suspect or deliberately misleading I have to say something,

BTW professional car salesmen are using the site now posing as folks like you hoping to light your candle of desire to get you into the showroom, devious is the new honest I'm afraid. :@

The proper way to do it is like James who worked/works for Allams Skoda who got a proper site sponsor thing going between him his company and Briskoda which gave him the right to advertise his wares on here.

Edited by Supurbia

How many usernames can it take? Getting fed up of every thread in our Superb II forum being taken over by "Supurbia vs stevehg"...

Quite a lot. :)