Top Gear Caravan clip

Duck_Pond

Thankfully the Yeti didn't appear in the line up for such cars, presumably because its looks make it stand out from the crowd of similarly-looking SUVs. And weren't they similar!

No Ewok or Juke either.

I can't imagine any of the manufacturers who provided a car for that piece would be happy with the outcome. I suppose the off-road abilities of the Tiguan and Mazda were highlighted quite well though.

Just a shame Clarkson got there first. Would have been amusing for him (to pretend) to sleep on what was left of his caravan. :D

Yeah, none of the different looking ones were in for exactly that reason I think.

I wonder how many cars they went through filming those shots though, as when they did the piece with the Range Rover against the robot truck I think they destroyed 18(?) alloy wheels and neither the Tiguan or CX5 are designed to really go offroad.

Also, the Tiguan was an R-Line, the most expensive they could get, so it clearly did not come close on value as they stated and was obviously a generous donation from VW.

Must admit I did watch TopGear last night ( not a big fan). I would not be a happy Car Manufacturer if those idiots got hold of one of my cars.They certainly do take it to the extreme.Pity the Persons who buy those two cars from VW and Mazda,they will need a lot of TLC.

Tony

It's an entertainment bums on seats piece nothing more nothing less.

VW and Mazda will probably be very happy with the amount of free air time they got especially when you consider how much play it gets worldwide.

It's an entertainment bums on seats piece nothing more nothing less.

VW and Mazda will probably be very happy with the amount of free air time they got especially when you consider how much play it gets worldwide.

The sales that will result from that program will be enormous the car company's would be more than happy to give some cars over to the top gear team.

My local dealer says that he gets people come into the showroom to look at skodas and when they notice the yeti's they nearly all recognise them because of the top gear piece on them with Jeremy.

And I'm sure they would of sold countless yetis off top gears program

• Like 1

Good light entertainment. With regard to the R line Tiguan, I was of the impression this is a  mid range car, in the Polo and Golf line up it is pitched as an improved spec with limited engine choice.

Either way it does show the capability of an electronically controlled drive train and the durability of such vehicles. 

As for car manufacturers, any TV time is a + I would say, I mean look at what Clarkson said about the Yeti, very positive comments indeed, but last night he slated cross overs in general as being too expensive and not as good to drive as the hatch back derivative.  I think his test drives might be influenced by the manufacturers, maybe.... 

To be fair to clarkson i think crossovers are starting to become a lot more expensive to the "extra" that a lot bring to the table, when compared to their stable mates.

Historically when they were niche they were good value for money but now they are a sales phenomena they are getting milked for every last penny.

I expect the F/L yeti to be nearly £1K more across the board based on what i've seen done to the IX35, QQ, Sportage, Kuga, etc.

Their "challenges" are rather staged and quite obviously so of late, but still very amusing to watch. I can't believe no-one here at work, who live close to Stratford mentioned or heard about that hovercraft van stunt!

I did laugh the the "black" version of the Duster. It's black. Riiiight...

Dacia had some lights on the roof too.

The seats in the VW looked very nice and despite the tomfoolery (which I did enjoy) I also liked to see how well the Haldex coped.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I wasn't sure, but I thought I saw a Yeti in the line up.

Then when they dismissed it, I though well Clarkson said it was so good in the previous review.  :think:

Got slightly :blush: when I had to explain to my daughter what the bit in the woodland car park was alluding too, with all the flashing interior lights and stuff.  We both :rofl:  our socks off though! 

Thought it was nice of the Stig to make it easier for future pupils to follow his lines by laying a groove in the Dunsfold tarmac after the wheel came off his 'van. :rock:   

Obviously some episodes are better than others but overall it's an entertaining show. The hover van was hilarious but people actually complained when they found out it was staged. How can people be that thick? They really thought that was a real event.