fabia lll

Had a call from a friend who had been to skoda uk dealer meeting and was told about all the facelifts updates and all new fabia. They said expect the new fabia late 2014 (autumn) going to be 1/2 size bigger what ever that means and the VRS going to be a diesel as the mk 2 vrs has not been as popular as mk1and maybe 2 months after. Only quoting what i was told

I heard that the VRS will be a 1.6 turbo petrol, I have to agree though a hot diesel would be great, especially if it is the 184bhp euro 6 engine out of the Golf, only 109 g/km CO2 so cheap on tax too!!

• Like 2

So unlikely to be diesel because of Euro 6 Emissions,

unlikely to be bigger when there is the Rapid & then a Citigo, there needs no be a car that sits between them in size and price.

from £25,000 going up for the 184ps diesel Golf, it is unlikely they will make a car which would be lighter so faster and would need to be around £7,000 cheaper.

What would they do for the Top of the range Polo?

The Octavia lll vRS is the 2.0 TDI 184ps DPF 

& the Seat Leon FR TDI 184

They seem to often talk about bigger boots as though that attract more customers.

http://skoda-fabia-rs.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/the-new-generation-of-skoda-fabia-comes.html

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/skoda-fabia-cars/2014-skoda-fabia-details-and-pictures

http://www.tomorrowcars2014.com/2015-skoda-fabia

george

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'd love to see a modern version of the mk1 VRS diesel.

Hope they make it, but even a warm version will be good.

After all, that's all the 130-odd bhp/1300kg mk1 was really.  But lots of fun.

• Like 1

& the Hybrid,

Small capacity/weight, Efficient petrol engine and Electric motors to the rear hubs, part time AWD also available on the vRS version.

(hopefully nothing like a Toyota Yaris Hybrid petrol 1500cc with battery pack under the rear seat.)

But, maybe still preferable to the small capacity and still Cylinder Deactivating ones that might be enforced upon the EU countries by 2017.

george

Spoke to my dealer today who told that Skoda rep. says there will NOT be a Fabis VRS when the mk3 comes out.

It's quite normal to launch a new car without the range topping model. It normally a year or 3 years until they do.

I can't see the new vRS with the 180 bhp diesel as that might be faster than the Octy vrs or Golf. I'd imagine it would be the 2.0 CR140 that's in the Ibiza FR.

I'd love to see a modern version of the mk1 VRS diesel.

Hope they make it, but even a warm version will be good.

After all, that's all the 130-odd bhp/1300kg mk1 was really.  But lots of fun.

said it for ages, Skoda shot themselves in the foot by not offering a soot chucking vRS with the MKII given how popular the MkI was, still is.

Not only that car replacements are nearly always heavier/bigger than the outgoing model

Follows then with the horsepower

New vrs will have more than 180bhp without doubt or will be slower than mk2

History also suggests vrs will be long after mainstream models - am guessing new vrs in 2015 or even 2016

There is no way in the world that replacement cars being released to meet Euro 6 emissions are going to be heavier than current models,

Now i will put £100 bet on that, money to charity if i am wrong.

Pledged now to Briskoda to give to the charity of their choice.

george

There is no way in the world that replacement cars being released to meet Euro 6 emissions are going to be heavier than current models,

Now i will put £100 bet on that, money to charity if i am wrong.

Pledged now to Briskoda to give to the charity of their choice.

George

Well done. Money where your mouth is. I too have doubts whether it will be heavier than the current models.

• Like 1

I hope they announce what they are doing early next year (although suppose unlikely!) as do like my vRS and would stick with the brand, but need to know some idea of what they will do.

Mines 3 years old in February and had no issues with it, normally try and change it around the 3 years if cash allows.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

I don't think it'l be heavier. The VW boss said that the next Fabia Combi will be the best looking car in the whole VW group. Think of how much lighter the mk3 Octavia is now compared to the mk2. It'll have the latest platform just like the mk1 did when it came out and wiped the competition out for many years until others caught up. 

Then for some reason they decided that the mk2 was not allowed to be premium until they facelifted it and made it much nicer with the chrome details, new dials, and other nice bits! 

I hope the mk3 will have a premium option to bring it in line with the customisation of the DS3/ Mini/ etc. We were promised much more before the Fabia mk2 launch, and they didn't give us everything! But they can also allow it to be low rent if people just wanted a car. Like how the old mk1 Classic had nothing at all, and the Elegance had squidgy bits for your elbows etc! :) 

Here's a thought, what if

A. fab 3 is lighter

B. same power as Fab 2 petrol & Fab 1 diesel vrs

Think GT3 911 light better handling after the IRC & WRC cars alike

Could prove interesting and get round the euro 6 regs?

But I do suspect that most of the Fab 3 info will be rumours?

Oh and Sandicliffe have just bought out the Farmers Skoda dealerships round this way.......

At the octy 3 release the boss man said that the vrs sales in the UK  % wise is larges in europe.

So we like the Skoda vRS range, why isnt there a rapid rapid ?????????

There WILL be a Fabia vRS in one version or another.  MK1 Diesel vRS was popular & still holds its value really well, The petrol MK2 DSG only seems to me outsold by the Monte.

Only the Polo Blue GT being Deactivating Cylinder & the A1 COD,

Both having pretty good performance and that engine being suitable with an ikle more power,

or a bit lighter a vehicle because those in 5 door are still no light weight.

1.4TSI, 138bhp, 158 lb/ft torque, 7.9 second  0-62,  130 mph. 

george