spare wheel

Damo

They're on the outside and clearly visible (and its an offence to hide it eg with a wheel trim) so you know about it and if the police see you doing over 50 on one you can get a CU60 and 3 points.

I had to rush along to the garage, pull the spare wheel out and check to see if I did have a 50mph spare wheel or not. You're absolutely correct Huskoda (as you can see in the pic below) and I'd never have known until I had to change the spare wheel after having a puncture.  Thank you for alerting us all to this. :love:

Just to make it clear again, I have the optional Style 2 Pack, 5.5" wide Auriga alloy wheels fitted with 185/55 x 15" 82T Bridgestone Ecopia tyres but the 5" wide steel spare wheel is fitted with a 165/70 x 14" 81T Falken Sincera SN83a EcoRun tyre.

9555811763_264ef49507_b.jpg

I still cant get my head round the fact that so many cars are now sold without a spare.Its nothing more than a money making exercise for the car makers,who then charge you for a spare.As i have said before,next they will charge you for  a steering wheel and seats, as extras.

My Smart did not come with a spare,however i bought one from a Smart owner who upgraded his wheels. There is nowhere to store it,so i keep it behind the passenger seat. It does restrict legroom for a passenger,but i hardly ever take passengers,and if i do, i make sure i only take them if they have short legs.Lol.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just going to order a spare for mine as I got a puncture today and had to use the compressor until I could get down the road for a repair. It's confusing because in the book it says 2 types of tyre size for 14"

175/70x14

175/65x14

Which one do I get as I have a Sport with 185/55x15?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

I think you mean 165/70x14 for the first option.

Either would do, but the 175/65x14 is slightly closer to the wheels you have. Neither is an exact match, which is why you should not exceed 50 mph if using the spare.

You can work out the theoretical diameter of the wheel for each of the three combinations:

165/70x14 = (165 x 0.7 x 2) + (14 x 25.4) = 586.6 mm

175/65x14 = (175 x 0.65 x 2) + (14 x 25.4) = 583.1 mm

185/55 x 15 = (185 x 0.55 x 2) + (15 x 25.4) = 584.5 mm

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up my wheel & toolkit from the dealer today. 5Jx14 black metal steel wheel. Now with a 175/65x14 Kumho tyre :)

All fitted in the car now. I can relax a bit now I've got one :)

Total price £160.00

Just to add to spare wheel details here are the part numbers required.

1S0601027G03C - 5J x 14 steel black wheel

1S0011031 - Jack

1S0012115E - Toolbox

6Q0803899A - Bolt ( for securing wheel )

4D0012219A - Wheel nut wrench

Total incl vat: £113.02

Ask for the spare wheel. If a dealer cant include a spare wheel on a £10.000 car the world is a poor place

• Like 1

There's a distinction here. The spare wheel kit is £50 if ordered as a factory option, instead of the tyre repair kit and compressor. It's much more expensive if bought as an aftermarket accessory.

Drop a note to Skoda UK, saying that it seems poor that you have to pay extra at the dealer.

I emailed Skoda UK saying I hadn't been able to order the variable boot and spare wheel together from the factory. So decided the spare was essential and decided to get the dealer to order the variable boot. It cost an extra £38.... pointed out this didn't feel like great customer service.

1 email = £38.

• Like 1

Yes, but if you order the spare wheel as a factory option, the cost is offset because they don't supply you with the tyre repair kit and electric compressor. You can hardly expect to get the spare wheel kit for the same price as an aftermarket purchase. When you look at the individual cost of the wheel, tyre, jack, etc., it's not exactly extortionate...

• Like 1

From an article:

No technical details have yet been divulged, with Skoda saying only that the Citigo Rally “takes its dynamics” – and clearly its key design cues – from Skoda rally cars such as the current Fabia S2000, which drives all four wheels through a 201kW/250Nm 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine and six-speed sequential gearbox.

Nice :)

It would be useful if someone could weigh the spare wheel and toolkit.. (and also a OE wheel/tyre)

Im planning to weigh one of the serpens wheels when i get mine if i dont get beaten to it..

• Like 1