What do I need ?

Right im slowly falling out of love with my skoda but im sure a few changes might bring me back I have

2010 octavia vrs tdi facelift

Standard display no maxi dot

Bolero head unit

No sat nav not major

No bluetooth connectivity but have the grey tab on the unit

Non multifunction steering wheel

Standard sound system

Ambient lighting

What would be best way to upgrade I no its abit of a shopping list but I would use this as a tick off list when I source the parts etcetera

What would I be looking at in price of each upgrade + fitting if I can get away with what I already have for instance fitting bluetooth then bonus im open to options

I bought the car for it mpg and the fact it had 18,000 miles on the clock didnt realise from reading this forum im missing so many extras :-(

All help appreciated

Help me rekindle some love as ive only had it a month

Yeah really love the look of the car the performance and mpg but ive gone from having all the toys and gizmo's to having just a cd player I really feel my only issue it the head unit ive sourced a few that ill post up for recommendations later but do generally think most of it could be solved excited now lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

ive gone from having all the toys and gizmo's to having just a CD player

You've got an SD card slot for MP3 music files as well...

Seriously though, pretty much all of what you've listed can be retro-fitted (I've done most of them) but add up the cost and you are looking at £1000+ for parts alone.

Only you can decide what is worth paying for and what isn't.

Whilst they are feature packed and cheap, the quality and reliability is unknown.

You'd have to make your own decision as to whether you buy one of these or stick with OE.

Kenwood make it for VAG as an official dealer upgrade. It will fit into any double din slot though.

It fully integrates with the vehicle canbus, so displays all heating/parking controls as per your previous touch screen.

Not sure on the surround, mine was fitted by Skoda and looks like my original carbon surround. There are some you tube videos on the web showing it being fitted etc.

The DAB is very good, I live out on the moors and get fairly good reception of local stations on it. Being an old age pensioner I like the fact I can get "Absolute 80's" And a few other specific genre radio stations. The kids just plug in their iPods and shove them in the glove box and operate via the front touch screen.

Edited by Defenderben

I have a mfsw in the for sale section and get a new or used Maxidot and that will be 2 items of your wish list sorted

Don't say that Ed. I will be a couple of miles from your place at the end of this week and would love that, thank god I don't have the cash as the wife would kill me