Rear brake discs and pads change for Fabia

naga

Can someone tell me the cost to replace rear brake dics and pads for Fabia with 2002 plate. Halfords Auto Centre quoted me a price of £149. I have been told that I am better of buying the parts from ECP and get them fixed by an independent mechanic.

Hence I have decided to go for the following:

Pagid pads with no wear sensor - http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Skoda_Fabia_1.4_2002/p/car-parts/brakes/brake-friction/brake-pad/?101440328&1&263cc71b0df7caf3cf38a64f99cc567a92c78445&000036

Pagid Brake disc - http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Skoda_Fabia_1.4_2002/p/car-parts/brakes/brake-friction/brake-disc/?104440748&1&15f0662d9ea24ef357a68d96824c9fd05ae18380&000027#

For this model, do I need pads with wear sensor on them?

Your advice on this topic is highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Naga

Not sure on the wear sensors, My 06 vrs doesnt have them. Got discs and pads from eurocarparts ebay outlet for £36.80 delivered next day, same parts as you have linked to.

Got mine for same price as above and no wear sensors. My mate fitted them for me for £20 last night. my discs were absolutely shagged and the unipart pads basically crumbled at the edges.

Not sure on the wear sensors, My 06 vrs doesnt have them. Got discs and pads from eurocarparts ebay outlet for £36.80 delivered next day, same parts as you have linked to.

If discs are £21.54 each how did you get them AND pads for £36.80?

Cheers pluse, eric87, hyte1, PastyBoy. - I booked the parts to be bought at local ECP for £46.65. Thanks to you folks here, I will save £10 by ordering it from ebay. Got in touch with a local independent mechanic and he is happy to charge me £35 for the job.

Thanks again folks.

• 3 weeks later...

Wasnt going to put the cheapest ones i could find on.

Was wondering if there was a cheap deal for some good ones out there.

I am careful with my brakes which is why i am still unsure as to whether to let a garage do them as I have always done my own.

I know what I am doing (qualified mechanical engineer) and I dont know any of the garages locally (I have another post on this subject) so would be very wary of letting them do them

Any ideas?

Thanks for the info. Am going to do discs and pads all round just not sure exactly which brand yet.

I like EBC pads and Brembo discs at the moment, they offer a useful performance increase without being expensive.

I have Brembo MAX front discs and I got them from an ebay seller two years ago.

Saw them on ebay myself today along with god knows how many more.

Any idea who you bought them from?

There again if my reasoning with Ebay rings true they wont be in business anymore.

Glad to be proven wrong though and illhold my hands up if i am.