Parking Sensors with Aftermarket Stereo

At the moment I have the Bolero in my Octavia and as it hasn't got Bluetooth, I thought it would be an idea to grab myself an aftermarket stereo.

My question is, will my front and rear parking sensors work with new double din stereos out there ie the display on screen?  as the local company near me are saying only 1 very expensive model of stereo that they are selling will.

Please help

thanks

I too am looking into this; the only one I have found so far is the Kenwood DNX521DAB. It does shows the parking sensors and climate control settings - also has Bluetooth and Nav. Cheapest i have seen is £900.....not cheap. There is also the Zenec ZE-NC2011D, at about £100 cheaper. Not personally knowing the brand though I am steering clear.

If I hear f any others I will let you know.

Zenec does (I've not tried it, but there are reports on here.

If it doesn't say, then it won't.

If it says it does, be sceptical (if its a Chinese clone).

If your only gripe with the Bolero is the lack of Bluetooth, why not just add a VAG BT module for about £150?

Much cheaper than the Pioneer, Kenwood or the Zenec and safer than any Chinese clones.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have purchased and had fitted the Zenec to my Fabia VRS (2013), it has BT, USB, IPod, AM/FM, Sat Nav. I went without the CD/DVD as I wouldn't use them, this made the unit a little cheaper, however I did have a reversing camera fitted. I can confirm the rear parking sensors still work and beep, the camera combines with it and it's awesome. The SatNav has lots of warnings that annoy the hell out of you, so they have to be turned off, ie school Zones, railway crossings, speed limits, speed cameras. I'm still working on the settings to get exactly the sound I want, I've only had it a week. Oh and 7" screen.

The backing light colours only come in Red and White, I have set on Red at the moment.

Cost professionally installed in Melbourne Australia $1800. I was told this system is specifically targeted to VW owners, as it goes straight in after factory unit comes out.

I was considering the top of the line Alpine system, however I was told the reversing sensors would not work with this system, that's the only reason I didn't get it.

Cost professionally installed in Melbourne Australia $1800. I was told this system is specifically targeted to VW owners, as it goes straight in after factory unit comes out. I was considering the top of the line Alpine system, however I was told the reversing sensors would not work with this system, that's the only reason I didn't get it.

That's £1000 GBP. For a Zenec. Wow.

Oh and the reversing sensors would have been fine with the Alpine, you just wouldn't have had any visual display on the headunit screen.

• 8 months later...

Cost professionally installed in Melbourne Australia $1800. I was told this system is specifically targeted to VW owners, as it goes straight in after factory unit comes out. I was considering the top of the line Alpine system, however I was told the reversing sensors would not work with this system, that's the only reason I didn't get it.

I'm also in Melbourne and am looking to fit an aftermarket head unit to my Octavia MK2.  Can you point me to who helped you out in Melbourne.  Thanks!

I have been in touch with icar-tech and have been told that the following device works perfectly with Skoda / canbus / parking sensors, I have just made the purchase and will let you know how it goes.

http://www.icar-tech.de/html/products_v800.php

Hi Coleburg,

How did you get on with this?

Thanks

edit: just found your review at http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/287476-icar-tech-alpha-v800/

• 4 weeks later...

I'm also in Melbourne and am looking to fit an aftermarket head unit to my Octavia MK2.  Can you point me to who helped you out in Melbourne.  Thanks!

"INCAR SOUND AND VISION" 93 Highbury Rd BURWOOD 9889 8797.

Sometimes the reverse camera doesnt engage when I select reverse, I have to re-select reverse quickly and its there. I find this really irksome. Im happy for you to see and hear the stereo if you are thinking of doing it, would be good to compare the sound to the factory unit. I live in Blackburn South, let me know.