why so many SORN VRS?

Those SORN figures are for all VRS ever produced, so currently there are 25 off the road - (registered as VRS-SA? - more here http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/skoda_fabia_vrs_tdi_pd_130)

probably dealer forecourt stock plus some with major repairs after accident/blown engines or just in storage, maybe owner abroad.

The SORN figures reflect the number in that quarter - they are not culumative.

http://howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/skoda_fabia_vrs_s-a

Dealer Stock are usually 'In Trade' and not on a SORN, but some may be.

There were a few showing on SORN within the first Quarters of 2011.

I know personally of 4 on Sorn at the moment,

i have one, my mate that is working abroad has 1,  

One i know being build as a Track Car, and one owned by a Biker that SORNS his car for the Summer months.

There will be ones accident damaged  just now and not Write Offs, so waiting to be RE-built or still awaiting a Repairer to Buy them.

george

Lots here in Scotland.

I think there are probably more Mk2 vRS in Scotland per head of population than elsewhere in the UK.

(about 5.2 million people, so rest of the UK about 58 million and then the illegals,

the Office for Statistics or the DVLA can probably show where the cars are first Registered, or Taxed.)

1884 UK Skoda Dealers currently advertising in Autotrader,

it is hard for me to believe there are only around 2050 Mk2 vRS Registered/taxed/sorn in the UK.

I have seen 7 vRS on the road this morning in 150 miles, and none of these were cars i know,

and that does not include the 10 or more for sale in the dealerships

within 40 miles of me.

Dealers seem to have had no problem selling them when New or Demonstrators from 2010-2012,

a good few Demonstrators sitting not selling at present.

Some stupid prices on them though.

george

I have seen 7 vRS on the road this morning in 150 miles

Down here in Worcestershire, I haven't seen that many in the 2 years I've owned my vRS!!!

Although there are plenty of Monte Carlos around.

Every other car around here appears to be a Mini Cooper  :yawn: .

I have seen 7 vRS on the road this morning in 150 miles, and none of these were cars i know, and that does not include the 10 or more for sale in the dealerships within 40 miles of me.

george

How about 2 in 2 years around here? lol...

I think there were at least 8 vRS sitting at my local dealers last week including,new and used sales, staff & mine. 

4 green ones.

Monte Carlos all over the place, given up on spotting them any more, most seem to be older female drivers.

Spotted 4 of the last Focus RS last night and today,

and that does not include the 3 that are in the town i live in.

george

Thanks all for your explanations, for some reason I hadn't cottoned on to the fact it wasn't cumulative, just a histogram. 

I assumed there would be more mk2 VRS out in the wild though.

I give up. What does SORN mean? I gather you don't mean there are that many Fabias in Sorn, Scotland. :giggle:

ha ha it doesn't translate well to Australia. When I was in Perth in 2009 a copper was trying to explain that a hire car in the hotel car park was about to get a 'canary' in the window. I was confused... shall I let you explain that one?

• Like 1

ha ha it doesn't translate well to Australia. When I was in Perth in 2009 a copper was trying to explain that a hire car in the hotel car park was about to get a 'canary' in the window. I was confused... shall I let you explain that one?

Poorly maintained hire car?

A "canary", AKA "yellow sticker", is a defect notice handed out by police to unroadworthy cars. It's usually put on some youngster's POS with bald tyres, holey muffler, rusted out pillars etc, and gives them (from memory) about a month to rectify. Otherwise the car can be deregistered. I think there is a red ticket for cars that are immediately taken off the road. You'd probably need no brakes or be leaving a smoke screen behind you to get one of those.

Down here in Worcestershire, I haven't seen that many in the 2 years I've owned my vRS!!!

Although there are plenty of Monte Carlos around.

Every other car around here appears to be a Mini Cooper  :yawn: .

Not quite the mini cooper in North Kent, but i have seen very few vRS's in my area since I bought mine, could count the local ones I have seen on one hand...

Poorly maintained hire car?

A "canary", AKA "yellow sticker", is a defect notice handed out by police to unroadworthy cars. It's usually put on some youngster's POS with bald tyres, holey muffler, rusted out pillars etc, and gives them (from memory) about a month to rectify. Otherwise the car can be deregistered. I think there is a red ticket for cars that are immediately taken off the road. You'd probably need no brakes or be leaving a smoke screen behind you to get one of those.

suitable for another red ticket:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-07-23/driver-charged-over-car-with-no-steering-wheel/4837680

"The car was found to be unregistered and uninsured and already subject to a defect notice."

• Like 1