At last!

Finally, the car arrived at dealer today, before lunch. I haven't seen it yet, being at work all day long.

I'll be there tomorrow morning.

:happy:

• Like 1

The estimates you were given about delivery etc were near enough. Hope you enjoy your new car.

Mine should be built next week so hoping for delivery early Sept.

The waiting is agonising as I am sure you now know.

• Like 1

The estimates you were given about delivery etc were near enough. Hope you enjoy your new car.

Mine should be built next week so hoping for delivery early Sept.

The waiting is agonising as I am sure you now know.

Waiting is definitely painful. But more you wait the happier you are when the day comes.

I couldn't even sleep properly last night. I was up at 5:30.

Now I'm on my way to the dealer.

• Like 2

Back from dealer.

Done all the paperwork, collection day will be Friday at lunchtime.

Extremely happy!!!

I'll add more pics after collection.

Edited by Menumorut

get us a few good pics of the sunroof, I assume its a hatch btw,

looking to see you sitting in the seat to see where the sunroof starts in comparison to your head.  and how it look from the outside when open

• Like 1

It is a hatch.

elegance hatch, 1.4 TSI with some extras: Bi-Xenon headlights with AFS, Boot net, Canton sound system (10 speakers, digital equaliser, subwoofer), Cornering front fog lights with black surrounds,
Electric sunroof (PAD), Front assist incl. city automatic emergency braking, without ACC, Lane assistant, Parking assistant (parallel, bay and manouvering out of a line of cars), Service Plan and PermaShine treatment.

The sunroof is not exactly panoramic, but not standard size either. It is something in between, beeing somehow larger than standard. I will get more pics of it on Friday after collection.

I will add more pictures next week, Wednesday.

Today after collection, on my way home, warning light on the dashboard:check left dipped head light.

It turned out that the hole left unit is faulty; only daylight is working; they will replace it next week. 

Today after collection, on my way home, warning light on the dashboard:check left dipped head light.

It turned out that the hole left unit is faulty; only daylight is working; they will replace it next week. 

On the plus side, on an older car you'd probably never of noticed until your friendly neighbourhood copper pointed it out and requested you produced your docs at the station.

#TechWin

So what's the PDI supposed to be for.

Makes one wonder what's waiting for you round the next corner.

I would demand a full PDI in your presence.

I would let SUK know about this, its just not good enough.

Who was the supplying dealer. Please tell and shame

On the plus side, on an older car you'd probably never of noticed until your friendly neighbourhood copper pointed it out and requested you produced your docs at the station.

#TechWin

Two things

Friendly and copper should never be used in the same sentence.

Second - The days of producing docs at the police station have long gone.

Any beat officer, if such a thing exists today, can easily check the PNCR to get an answer.

Two things

Friendly and copper should never be used in the same sentence.

Second - The days of producing docs at the police station have long gone.

Any beat officer, if such a thing exists today, can easily check the PNCR to get an answer.

Two things.

I've met plenty of friendly coppers. And no, I'm not a policeman.

The days of producing documents at the police station are not 'long gone'.

Carry on :)

• Like 1

Hello, Hello, Hello, I just created this profile to reply to a comment here. 

I am a Police Officer in N.Ireland (Hence setting up another account), We are friendly, Honest.  But being a police officer is very like being a parent.  You have to come across as cross and mean sometimes to get the point across to actually help people.  Despite the fact that you may actually find what they are doing funny etc.  Parents you know what I mean.

As for checking documents, you definitely still have to produce them.  Despite being able to check some systems, they are never totally accurate, and it is actually up to you as a driver to be able to produce the documents.

• Like 3

Not many posts of Briskoda today :(

Menumorot - Any pics showing someone sitting in the front seat to see where the sunroof is compared to your head, and how it look on the outside.

Yours looks v nice btw,  is it petrol blue?

Green stripe, few questions

1, can you show me the same view with the sunroof open.

2, does the sunroof open and close like the windows when you hold the button on your keys

20130810_183736-1_zps49bc992f.jpg

Best I could do hanging my phone out of the first floor window at work

Menumorut congrats on your car -it looks great

It looks good, but I think it needs some black vinyl on the rest of the roof.