Anyone got any real pics of the monte estate?

Gordon Lamb Derby had theirs in at the end of last week.

So, just done the deal today on their showroom Corrida Red Monte…

1.6 tdi all the way, Collection on Wednesday… yeeeehaw !!!

post-99890-0-96006500-1376171378_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

The white one looks nice on the estate but race blue looks better but the best colour out of the three is the corrida red one it works so well with the estate.

I do think they need to paint the estate roof black like the hatch they do not look like Monte Carlo with out the roofs black

• Like 1

Ours had 6 miles on the clock…

Added another 15 on the test drive. Haaaha!

But I'm not bothered as its our car anyway.

The monte estate can't have a black roof due to the shape of the body shell.

The C pillar at the rear sweeps down directly from the roof into the rear quarter and there's no seam at the top of the cant rail. So no visible definition to separate the black roof from the rest of the car.

The way around this would maybe to gloss wrap the inner roof section ?

Hey that Red one is awsome but i do agree that the estate is missing something & it probably is just the black roof.

By inner roof do yous mean literally the roof,the top?,actually yep i see what you mean now.

I wonder how much such a wrap would cost

Edited by Noggythenog

Hey that Red one is awsome but i do agree that the estate is missing something & it probably is just the black roof.

By inner roof do yous mean literally the roof,the top?,actually yep i see what you mean now.

I wonder how much such a wrap would cost

There's a natural ridge just inside the roof bars which could feasibly allow the centre section to be wrapped   :)

I asked around about possibility of having the roof sprayed black metalic and i was getting quotes from 180-220 im considering it for mine...

On a diffrent note does anyone know the part number for the side protection strips on the white estate on the 2nd post? I noticed that there not fitted to them as standard but i prefer them with them fitted!

I asked around about possibility of having the roof sprayed black metalic and i was getting quotes from 180-220 im considering it for mine...

On a diffrent note does anyone know the part number for the side protection strips on the white estate on the 2nd post? I noticed that there not fitted to them as standard but i prefer them with them fitted!

http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/product/Outer_Door_Mouldings_%28set_of_4%29_KGA700001

I actually took mine off because I didn't like them on the Elegance estate  :)

Im a bit divide about the door protectors.

I think they'd look good but they get annoying when washing & polishing the doors & water sometimes gets trapped behind them.

Maybe i've been lucky but my current fabia doesnt have the strips & i havent got any bashes there.

Quite a tempting price for the paint on the roof.

But perhaps you could get the wrap for £100, im guessing 100 but i wouldnt pay any more considering the price for painting instead.

Im tempted to speak to the dealership and see if they will chuck them on for me free! If theu wont then im gunna look at buying them and spraying with primer-metalic black-lacquer so they match the other trims!

Im very tempted to the black painted roof once i have a few more pennies lol

Im tempted to speak to the dealership and see if they will chuck them on for me free! If theu wont then im gunna look at buying them and spraying with primer-metalic black-lacquer so they match the other trims!

Won't be quite as simple as that, as the door trims have a textured finish, not smooth

Won't be quite as simple as that, as the door trims have a textured finish, not smooth

It wouldnt be hard to rub them down smooth. But i dont think the textured effect will matter to mucb anyway.

Looking at the white monte in the first picture the side trims look to be the gloss finish like all other trims.

Have any of you guys who have ordered the estate gone for the 'Tech' edition?

Interested if there's any wriggle room to be had with dealers on the price and/or a deal to be done on other extras

Any anecdotes and a ballpark figure that you've achieved would be really appreciated

Cheers

I went with the tech which the dealer wasnt up for haggling on.they would on the normal one but then it is almost 2k more expensive.

12575 isnt allot for a new car like the monte,that said, money talks,if its a cash buy with no trade in then id still expect a few hundred quid off.

They dont do the 0% on the tech either,only the 7.9% which over the 3 years at 7.9% still works out about 1k cheaper than the normal one at 0%.

Cheers :) I'm guessing that you've gone for the petrol at that price? - I need to pay for the 'privilege' of driving a diesel

Yep - have run the numbers on both scenarios and even with the APR, the additional kit would put the diesel's effective list price at circa £16500, so somewhere in the region of £3K 'saving' over the same spec as far as list prices go isn't bad I suppose

Mind you, my wife got a MC hatch for £4300 less than list just because it had been pre-registered by the dealer a month earlier and had 7 miles on the clock :), so I guess I'm always going to be disappointed compared to that kind of deal! ;)

Give these a try for a quote and see what they come back with.

http://www.broadspeed.com

http://www.drivethedeal.co.uk

You know that there are Dealers sitting with cars now, they will want them sold and registered before the end of August & the new plates, or if not sold might have to Register them & put them as Demonstrators,

so there could well be deals to be had.

george

Not sure exactly but i defo wasnt able to spec red seats, they all come with black so i guess they come as is & i think they come with maxi dot as standard.

So i dont know much really but defo no red seats.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone actually got one of these yet???

I keep getting fobbed off about when my car will be in, supposed to be in the UK so what is it actually doing?,is the paint still drying or something, maybe the Monte Carlo stickers arent quite sticky enough or something like that.

Looks like we're all in the same ship since ive not seen any piccies yet.

Im so excited i could crush a grape!!!!!!:)

Edited by Noggythenog