My V6 Twindoor!

Leon-y-k

I get the cooling "ping" sounds, lets me know its been used  :devil:

Toyed with same wheels as you and Red Dog, but lots of talk at the time about the wheels bucking and getting all out of shape  :giggle: , great looking wheel and easy to clean.

Red Dog has done the de-badged thing, gives a nice clean look, but I dithered so long, feared the paint would show where the badges were.

Love the front brakes, only the V6 gets the supersize stoppers, brakes on regular Superb are good but these are brilliant.

• Like 1

Love the front brakes, only the V6 gets the supersize stoppers, brakes on regular Superb are good but these are brilliant.

Nothing wrong with my wheels  :hi:

IMG_5309_edit.jpg

I think they're sticking these disks on the new VRS Octavia now.

• Like 1

Are they the 345 front and 310 rear setup on these then?

Yup, just trudged into the garage and measured them...... the things I have to do!  :rofl:

• Like 2

That does sound good. Is that only the exhaust mod then? I'm trying to find a rear diffusor for the superb but I can't find any at all.  

I've not heard about the Lunar alloys buckling? 

Omg that sounds AMAZING

I have just listened to that incredible exhaust sound

As of today, I am saving up for 'zorst! 

Wow!

• Like 1

Yup, just trudged into the garage and measured them...... the things I have to do!  :rofl:

Same setup as my car then. VAG must have power thresholds for fitting  

differently sized brake setups I reckon. They also fit that setup to the  

3.2 A3.

Thats coz Red Dog never drives it!

How many miles on the clock now mate?   :rofl:

Thats coz Red Dog never drives it!

How many miles on the clock now mate?   :rofl:

It's well worn now! Must have all of 7600 on it.....going to get a new one soon. Don't like driving anything with more than 5K on it!  :rofl:

Oops, done a double quote!.....that's cos sadgit's got a stutter!  ;)

Edited by RedDog

It's well worn now! Must have all of 7600 on it.....going to get a new one soon. Don't like driving anything with more than 5K on it!  :rofl:

OMG your doing over 2K miles a year!,  get it changed ASAP.

One bit of good news, the latest V6 has lower co rating at 215 and "cheap" VED  :party:

I've not heard about the Lunar alloys buckling? 

There was a post up probably a couple of years ago now with a chap saying he had 2 buckled Lunas but swore he hadn't dived into a pothole! My wheels are fine and there are a few others on here with them that don't seem to have any trouble. With the state of the roads in the UK, with speed bumps, rumble strips and the like you just have to observe road conditions really closely.....like you were on a motorbike!  :thumbup:

Edited by RedDog

Very nice car Leon. I am sure you will be very happy with it.

I wish I had the money to buy a 3.6 V6. My driving is now only short distances so a diesel in the future would be out. I don't do enough miles and well I don't go out "for a drive" any more so a sporty car isn't really something that I'd be too worried about.

Although, I keep looking at the Superb, and hoping that one day I will get one. I bet they are super comfy cars and ideal for long trips.

If the numbers come up tonight then I'll bag me a V6 and something else as a sporty car as well.

Enjoy!

Very nice car Leon. I am sure you will be very happy with it.

I wish I had the money to buy a 3.6 V6. My driving is now only short distances so a diesel in the future would be out. I don't do enough miles and well I don't go out "for a drive" any more so a sporty car isn't really something that I'd be too worried about.

Although, I keep looking at the Superb, and hoping that one day I will get one. I bet they are super comfy cars and ideal for long trips.

If the numbers come up tonight then I'll bag me a V6 and something else as a sporty car as well.

Enjoy!

It's not only comfy! I can drive it like I drove my RS (near enough) with no trouble at all, it's been quite fun today in the wet a very strange feeling when theres no drama and you put your foot down and it just goes. 

It's relatively good on fuel, I just make sure I don't let it go past a quarter of a tank so I've always got enough to do a decent trip. The dealer got in touch with me today to tell me my umbrella is in the post, along with my central headrest. I will be investing in some black matts though. Ivory is certainly lovely, but I didn't think everywhere in cornwall was muddy!  :drunk:

Overall performance is great, I love the engine note. I have to do some driving for work sometimes and it's a little strange doing fuel claims for work when it says engine size in CC and I've got to put 3600! No ones said anything negative though as a few others have 3.0 bmw's etc...TDI's mind.  :giggle:

• Like 1

It wont.

Too true, the picture is shut off at 6/kmh.

I use mine for playing music DVD's, concerts mainly which are too long to fit on one CD & which I don't know how to transfer the audio to a SD card.

You need to see the screen to set-up the player though, so you need a minute or two to spare before driving away.

(Also use writeable  DVD's to hold MP3 music files, sometimes easier than searching through a card especially if wanting to store music from a particular artist or genre in one, easy to locate place.)

DC    

Too true, the picture is shut off at 6/kmh.

I use mine for playing music DVD's, concerts mainly which are too long to fit on one CD & which I don't know how to transfer the audio to a SD card.

You need to see the screen to set-up the player though, so you need a minute or two to spare before driving away.

(Also use writeable  DVD's to hold MP3 music files, sometimes easier than searching through a card especially if wanting to store music from a particular artist or genre in one, easy to locate place.)

DC    

I cant comment on your last 2 paragraphs because I've no idea what you're saying, but as far as transferring your audio to an SD card, its easy...and when I say that I mean it...I'm a real thicky with this stuff.

What I did was...transfer your audio to your computer then transfer it to the SD card. I used an USB card reader. I've got some music on the SD card which is permanently in the Columbus and I've transferred some from the SD card onto the hard drive. I therefore have 4 sources of music...Radio, CD, SD card and Hard drive. Enough for anyone I reckon.