Ordered my Citigo, now being messed around. Opinions?

JayceeStar

Having said all that, I think you're getting a good deal with the rear doors costing nearly £400. I wouldn't be without the extra doors; less grief in car parks, tons more convenience and a car that looks good in 5 or 3 door form. i know you can weigh up the fact that you're getting £400 worth of something you didn't want originally, but I still think it's not to be sniffed at, and certainly a gesture of goodwill from this dealer, for what it's worth.

There is of course the matter of how much this reflects on the clunkiness of the dealer in not noticing in the first place, but you (and your dad) will have to be the judge of that.

I hope this route gets you the car you're happy with, as the Citigo is a cracking little motor.

So sorry to hear all your problems.

We have all had nightmares at times with buying cars but don't let it spoil it for you or stop you getting what you WANT.

Sales staff move around dealers and make mistakes but don't let your feelings of disappointment get in the way or make you walk away from your £500 deposit!

Fact is you might wait 12 weeks for a factory build these days and there aren't many cars sitting at dealers, though they do have to order some showroom cars and do want rid at plate-change time.

There are not going to be big discounts on the Citigo so if they offer you the 5 door for 3 door money plus mats and fuel, with your 0% finance offer you are getting a good deal.

The elegance looks great and has lots of extras for the money - worth it if you are prepared to pay.

The 5 door has a smaller lighter door that is easier to open and easier in tight places, plus easier to put things in the back (or people even lol) and with dark glass looks great - but do you like it?

If you do - take it! Good luck!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone :)

I do have other dealers, Newton Abbot & Exeter if needs be. But problem is I will still have to wait up to 16 weeks with them. And I work so often I barely have time off to go and visit the dealers, Exeter is an hours drive each way and most days I work 9-6.

I do really, really like the car. It's just the way the numbers have continued to mount up. I am sure I can afford it, it's just I will have to sacrifice any other spending (but to be honest I don't spend anything other than fuel and food for me and my animals!) and maybe pick up a few Weight Watchers meetings for extra cash (I'm a WW leader)

The fact that its been purchased for the show room however means I'm under a little bit of pressure as they've not had a Citigo in there for a while so they've bought it for that purpose, it's now sitting in there looking lovely but I have to make a decision fairly soon as they will need to buy another for the show room if I have it.

I know it's a good deal but to me, I'm getting a 5 door for the price of a 3 when really I only ever wanted a 3!

Hi jayceestar.

I have a 3 door silver elegance that IAm collecting new from the dealer on the 06/09 I would prefer a 5 door to a 3 perhaps we could get the dealers to swap .?. Let me know if your interested

Just a wee thought would the dealer not be entitled to keep your deposit as you have pulled out of the deal not him?? Also as Skoda are having problems making enough citigos due to the price of it even if you go to another dealer it will be the same supply problem. I would go with the 5door as I have a 3door and it's a bit tight in supermarket parking spaces to open the doors.

Just a wee thought would the dealer not be entitled to keep your deposit as you have pulled out of the deal not him?? Also as Skoda are having problems making enough citigos due to the price of it even if you go to another dealer it will be the same supply problem. I would go with the 5door as I have a 3door and it's a bit tight in supermarket parking spaces to open the doors.

My reading is that the dealer signed a contract for a car in $spec and are now saying that they can't deliver.

I think the dealer is saying they can deliver but it will be 12+ weeks so if she walks away she will loose the deposit or have trouble getting it back.

Ok, I'd need to see the contract, but it may specify a delivery date etc as well.

Certainly, any time I've bought a car off a dealer and they've looked for a deposit, I've insisted on them specifying a delivery date, so if they don't deliver to time, they're in breach and not me even if I walked.

ours was ordered 2nd april arrived at dealers first week in august, just to show delays, we are waiting until 1st sept but have an issue with getting plate transferred so my be a little longer due to us not having updated V5 when we moved a little while ago

:o OMG 20 weeks! they should be able to get one sooner than that! I ordered mine last week and have a provisional build week of beginning of October, so about 10 -12 weeks

I am sure the long delivery times t the minute are caused by the obsession mainland UK people have bout getting their new car with the new plate.

I'm 99% sure I'm just going to go for it. I'm getting a 5 door for the price of a 3 door so I suppose I can't complain....and £12 a month extra for all of the extras the Elegance has isn't much really is it? Plus now I have seen the Elegance, I don't want an SE anyway, haha...my own fault for going in and looking at it!

• Like 1

Hi jayceestar.

I have a 3 door silver elegance that IAm collecting new from the dealer on the 06/09 I would prefer a 5 door to a 3 perhaps we could get the dealers to swap .?. Let me know if your interested

Hi Dinger,

Thanks for the offer, however I have a silver car now and have never really been keen on silver so I would rather stick to my green! Thanks for the thought though :)