Order a VRS in Ireland?

Just as above really! I've tried two dealers who were humming and hawwing saying that they only have price lists but no access to option lists - even though Skoda Ireland are giving the thumbs up for allowing orders to be put through.

Has anyone been able to place an order with an Irish Skoda Dealer? My original intention for an Elegance has gone out the window - a race blue VRS it is! 

I'll be going for a cash deal. I know exactly what I want but again without a dealer being willing to even enquire about ordering what can I do?

Would like the Xenons with DRLs, Columbus, Heated Screen, Heated Front Leather Seats, Canton, Tinted Windows, Black Back, Pictoris Wheels, Parking Sensors, Emergency Braking and Race Blue colour. A hatch, of course.

Looking forward to it as the sooner one can order the sooner one can get it!

I was in Pilsen Auto yesterday and they told me to that they know what the price will be but no options list yet. Anyway 37k euro basic price for petrol estate !!!!!?????? No Fu%_£3&$@ Way !!

The day i went to the dealer in Lurgan Co. Armagh to have my first look at a vrs there was a guy from Co. Sligo placing an order for a new vrs estate with every conceivable extra. He told me he was saving a fortune buying his in the north even with the Vrt. Might be worth looking into.

• Like 1

I was in Pilsen Auto yesterday and they told me to that they know what the price will be but no options list yet. Anyway 37k euro basic price for petrol estate !!!!!?????? No Fu%_£3&$@ Way !!

I think ur prices are way off they start from €32745.

I think ur prices are way off they start from €32745.

No, when i ask about pricelist of vRS they just printed out one of them and I ask about Estate DSG and that was 37k+ they added shipping costs and metalic painting but that was less then 1k. Golf GTI performance price start at 35k and when i ask salesman why price its so high and how its possible that UK price starts at 22-23k, rest of Europe around 26k E and Ireland 35 (manual hatchback)??? He sayd ''I dont know'' and that was end of our conversation. I like this car but i will not pay 40k+ for vRS if rest of Europe have it for 25% less. For 40k I can buy 2010 - 2011 S4 b8 or S5 3.0T and that including VRT. Good Luck Skoda-IE

My local dealers would be in Cork/Waterford. I'd order the car first thing if I was able. With the UK getting priority I may be waiting until February and with the way my current car is bleeding me of cash I'm doubtful I'll be lucky if I can keep it in one piece and sell it on intact by the time it arrives.

Still considering ordering a top spec elegance..but there's just something about the new model VRS that makes it stand out.

• 2 weeks later...

Buying a new petrol one here would be crazy anyway. They would loose way to much in depreciation. Iv never even seen a petrol face lift in Ireland.

You haven't seen mine then!  Admittedly, I'm contracting, so will need to import if my contract is extended beyond a year (which I hope).

I'm curious as to what a Mk3 would cost in a few years when I come to replace mine, even though I only have it 3 weeks.  If there's no petrol Mk3 vRS' in Ireland, I'd be importing if I'm still in the South.

There is a white vrs combi (with black pack) sitting parked at Clarion Hotel Liffy Valley outside Dublin this evening. Not clean though, 100's of bugs all over the front of it.

I had a look around it and overall was impressed. I don't like estate cars but wanted to have to look around it anyway as I have ordered the hatch.

The black pack really sets the car off. Also, the new shape of the mirrors better suits the car in my opinion. I did notice that the mirrors were electrically folding which I didn't think was offered on the vrs. Also, interior (with red stitching) looked amazing!

Overall, I do think the car is a little understated. A Mk2 FL vrs I can spot a mile away (possibly because of drl's) but I just feel that the mk3 vrs looks very similar to the standard Mk3. I had to take a second look at that one this evening before I realised it was a vrs. Not that I'm saying that this is a bad thing, as I do like the standard mk3.