What annoyed you about your tech today?

KenONeill

My kids laptops are both slower than mine. We have enough tech where i work though i must admit when i got into IT 12 years ago i was tech hungry..... Now, i just really can't be bothered. Only recently got BT Vision so we could have VOD at home, the laptop we used previously just failed so got rid of that.

Most people have clicked yet that the whole Apple IOS, Android, Cloud movement that is going is all about taking the control of your devices and data away from you. To the point where you never really own what you buy.

Re search/indexing, Agent Ransack FTW.

On the main topic, 'what annoyed you about your tech today' - answer; the users. :p

Layer 8 problem, the meat layer.

• Like 1

When you hover the mouse over an empty folder in Windows it says "Folder is empty", which is very good and helpful.

Then when you go to delete it you get a message saying "all contents will be lost, are you sure?".

That annoys me every time.

When you hover the mouse over an empty folder in Windows it says "Folder is empty", which is very good and helpful.

Then when you go to delete it you get a message saying "all contents will be lost, are you sure?".

That annoys me every time.

Maybe it is deleting all the empty space as well; that would explain why the HDD always seems to be full, no matter how much you delete.

I should have put "JOKE ALERT" at the end of my last post.

Sorry!!!

You don't always recover as much space as you'd expect from delting stuff, if large files are getting broken up across several clusters or sectors (or in extreme cases even tracks. I didn't treat it as a joke because it's not one.

You don't always recover as much space as you'd expect from delting stuff, if large files are getting broken up across several clusters or sectors (or in extreme cases even tracks. I didn't treat it as a joke because it's not one.

true, but defragging doesnt seem to recover the space either, so where does it go??