LAURIN & KLEMENT version

masserator

Browsing the Netherland version of auto trader found this:

http://www.autotrader.nl/auto/skoda/assen/5be4b/skoda-citigo-5d-laurin-klement/fotos/?zoekopdracht=skoda-citigo#foto-10

all I can say is "ME WANT ME WANT ME WANT!!!!!!!!"

Love the dash and leather seats! 16,950 euros so....... £14457 :o

I like it except for the wheels. To bling for my liking. But what spec does it have e.g auto lights, xenons, heated seats all round, auto dip mirror, dipping reversing door mirror etc.

I could go for one even at that price.

That's a shame, but shows how good it could be!

on another note.....anyone know where the wheels are from? I fancy a set for mine when it arrives!

As I alluded to in my earlier post, they look like the 16" items supplied as std on the VW High Up....? not sure of the name etc but a quick look over on the VW official site should give you more detail.

I wonder if the L and K version has just a full complement of electric window switches, unlike the other versions.... and still has bare paint inside and in the boot, or has rear wheel arch liners or a light in the boot or steering wheel controls for the radio etc. or strings that lift the boot cover.  Would hope so coz it's probably not going to be cheap.

on another note.....anyone know where the wheels are from? I fancy a set for mine when it arrives!

I don't know where they are from, but they are not the same as the ones on the VW High up!

The VW spoke alloys are only 15", and the spokes are linked together in pairs at their inner ends. Consequently there's an even number of them (20). The wheels on the L&K are clearly bigger than 15", and the design is slightly different (and there are 21 spokes!).

Back in 2005 I had an Octavia L&K estate, 4 months old, which had every factory and dealer fitted extra fitted. Fantastic vehicle. Full retail would have been around £26k! But it was listed as an Elegance by Skoda. When I asked the dealer he said that they were imported as extra spec Elegances and then fitted out by Skoda to the L&K spec. The first owner also had everything added that was available. Sounds weird, but that could explain this Citigo?

Edited by CortinaGT

I've seen people throw thousands at their cars, so it doesn't surprise me if this guy has as well

Unless its reported to Skoda, they wouldn't know/care I'd have thought

Like I said, you could be right mate

I see that it has covered 1,250km so you could be right too! I suppose it could also be a test by Skoda, but as I understand it from contacts in motor manufacturing 'mule' cars are destroyed not sold.

I see that it has covered 1,250km so you could be right too! I suppose it could also be a test by Skoda, but as I understand it from contacts in motor manufacturing 'mule' cars are destroyed not sold.

Fabia vRS SE, confirmed prototype, owned by a Briskoda memeber last I saw ;)

Fabia vRS SE, confirmed prototype, owned by a Briskoda memeber last I saw ;)

Ah, I see - so Skoda don't send their prototypes to the crusher then!  (Very sensible - my info comes from the British manufacturers)

This could well be what we might see in the future!

(Anybody seen an advert for a s/h Citigo VRS then? :wonder:!!!! )

Edited by CortinaGT

Ah, I see - so Skoda don't send their prototypes to the crusher then!  (Very sensible - my info comes from the British manufacturers)

This could well be what we might see in the future!

(Anybody seen an advert for a s/h Citigo VRS then? :wonder:!!!! )

Not sure about all of them. There are some prototypes buried in an underground bunker in Mlada Boleslav though.

AFAIK the vRS SE was a UK only version.

Not sure about all of them. There are some prototypes buried in an underground bunker in Mlada Boleslav though.

AFAIK the vRS SE was a UK only version.

It's not quite underground.... More an nondescript warehouse on the edge of some farmland outside of the city :) 

• Like 1