So you think you know your cars huh?

G-slave

Do you have the answer to the following equation:

must be an estate

must be either a I4; T4; V5 or V6

must have either a turbocharger or supercharger

Must only have 1 downpipe and 1 cat

must have more than 2 pistons on the front calipers --> but if you know the base version easily accepts a bolt-on kit meeting this spec then let's hear it!

TIA

Yep, Stagea's a straight 6 like the Skyline. At least, the turbo'd engines are. Not sure if the 2.0 is a 4 pot (mate had a turbo'd one in his R32 GTS Skyline and I'm pretty sure that was a 6 pot)

Old B5 Audi S4/RS4 Avant - Biturbo V6 although not sure about the downpipe/cat (I think it has twin downpipes and cats), only has two piston front calipers although the S4 ones can be swapped for the RS4 ones which are still 2 piston but accept a larger diameter disc 

Mitsi Legnum VR4 - turbo V6, exhaust is 2 into 1 downpipe with 1 cat, brakes are two piston

Edited by chicken_eyebrow

Hi all and great stuff on the replies. Stagea is my fav. Yeah looking at the market for sporty estates. All of the above mentioned, have left a void if you ask me and was wondering if I had overlooked something. Seems like the norm is now to have 2 cars. Hot hatch and work horse.

Is there a thread explaining the lambo caliper upgrade. I guess as long as you have the cash you can make anything fit so how much?

Inline 4 cylinder or transverse 4 cylinder engine

So a standard inline 4 cyl engine then.

Transverse is just the way its fitted not a type of engine. 

Hi all and great stuff on the replies. Stagea is my fav. Yeah looking at the market for sporty estates. All of the above mentioned, have left a void if you ask me and was wondering if I had overlooked something. Seems like the norm is now to have 2 cars. Hot hatch and work horse.

Is there a thread explaining the lambo caliper upgrade. I guess as long as you have the cash you can make anything fit so how much?

I take it you've no issues with an in-line 6 then? Just that my only issue with the Stagea as a choice was that you'd not included that engine config as an option.

Edited by KenONeill

So a standard inline 4 cyl engine then.

Transverse is just the way its fitted not a type of engine.

Yup,

Going old school, an example of a 4 cylinder engine fitted in line would be a Morris Minor.

It's transverse fitted cousin would be the Mini.

Primarily, transverse engines are fitted to reduce the length of the engine bay, to save weight and money by not needing components such as the prop shaft and rear axle and generally to end up with a more compact car with more space inside he car.

Sorry for the slight hijack.

I take it you've no issues with an in-line 6 then? Just that my only issue with the Stagea as a choice was that you'd not included that engine config as an option.

Wanted to exclude the v8 but can't quite remember what else.

Last attempt: does the superb 2008 onwards, come with a 2l tfsi and can you fit 4 pots to it? (At a reasonable cost)

Ffs! Why do they no longer build proper fast estates though? Not everybody wants to drive an rs avant right ;)

If SWMBO allowed me to have two cars, I wouldn't mess about with a hot hatch, I'd go Caterham or something like that for a real Sunday morning blast.