What made you smile whilst driving?

sparks03

I wasn't really sure to put this in the smile or annoy thread.

Recently I think I've regularly being seeing Ali G's love child roaring about town ragging the guts out of his car.

He drives round town in a 64 plate white Vauxhall corsa. I heard him proudly announce to some drunk guys out side a pub (as they laughed at him) that is wasn't a 1.2 but a much more desirable 1.4.

The chap himself appears to be 20ish, and this morning sported a bleached blonde goat-tee beard and a topknot and he was dresses in a pale blue jogging suit. Might have been Kappa not too sure.

84571562.6yrzfXl0.TopKnotPashupatinathNe

I frown because he drive like a tvvat yet it's so funny since he appears to be lacking the gene for a sense of irony.

I wasn't really sure to put this in the smile or annoy thread.

Recently I think I've regularly being seeing Ali G's love child roaring about town ragging the guts out of his car.

He drives round town in a 64 plate white Vauxhall corsa. I heard him proudly announce to some drunk guys out side a pub (as they laughed at him) that is wasn't a 1.2 but a much more desirable 1.4.

The chap himself appears to be 20ish, and this morning sported a bleached blonde goat-tee beard and a topknot and he was dresses in a pale blue jogging suit. Might have been Kappa not too sure.

84571562.6yrzfXl0.TopKnotPashupatinathNe

I frown because he drive like a tvvat yet it's so funny since he appears to be lacking the gene for a sense of irony.

Dont tell me... It was a 'limited edition'? With no limited run at all, Infact theres more of them than normal corsa's.

Ooo the 1.4 you say. Missile then. I understand.

Dont tell me... It was a 'limited edition'? With no limited run at all, Infact theres more of them than normal corsa's.

I was asked recently by a friend, who has just bought a 'limited edition' Corsa (it is white too, funnily enough), how many of the 'special edition' they had made of my car (a mk1 Fabia). I told him that a 1000 had been made, and that mine was 337.

I asked him how many limited edition Corsa's there were made, he didn't know, so I told him...

Somewhere around the 24'000 mark.

JRJG

• Like 1

Ooo the 1.4 you say. Missile then. I understand.

If it's the "holes drilled in silencer" Special Ed then maybe.

Looks more like a works van.

Seriously a stinking old Saxo would be less funny.

• Like 1

I was asked recently by a friend, who has just bought a 'limited edition' Corsa (it is white too, funnily enough), how many of the 'special edition' they had made of my car (a mk1 Fabia). I told him that a 1000 had been made, and that mine was 337.

I asked him how many limited edition Corsa's there were made, he didn't know, so I told him...

JRJG

Ahaha. 24,000 and still rising! Unfortunately...

JRJG

I see loads of them around here, probably more than non-limited edition Corsas....

Usually driven by idiots too.

Picture the scene

Bus at the head of a train of 5-6 cars. Long straight but with road works and traffic lights in the middle.

Bus enters restriction where there happens to also be a stop and a small petrol station, so the bus blocks the road to do it's pickups.

Two cars from just behind the bus dive into the petrol station, I thinks they're using it as a rat run, naughty.

First naughty car turns into the garage, he's not naughty he works there.

Second car really is trying to get round the bus.

But the bus pulls away, blocking the exit from the petrol station.

Naughty lass is now stuck and rather than being the car behind the bus she's now 8-10 cars behind at the back of the queue.

Yours truly is now behind the bus and nips around easily on the remainder of the straight. Naughty lass is never seen again.

Made me smile.

• Like 4

I love it when some 'plans' don't come together, I'd have laughed all the rest of the way, would probably still be laughing now. How old was she? Not wanting to spark a sexist debate but you do see a lot of younger women in a rush these days to the extent of taking daft risks or not driving appropriate to conditions, of course men as well, but may be its more of a surprise when women do things like this.

I love it when some 'plans' don't come together, I'd have laughed all the rest of the way, would probably still be laughing now. How old was she? Not wanting to spark a sexist debate but you do see a lot of younger women in a rush these days to the extent of taking daft risks or not driving appropriate to conditions, of course men as well, but may be its more of a surprise when women do things like this.

She was a younger woman in an Audi (A1). I didn't want to push the stereotype too far since this was basically a perfect storm for a daft lassie driver.

She was a younger woman in an Audi (A1). I didn't want to push the stereotype too far since this was basically a perfect storm for a daft lassie driver.

Seems so, I was wary about typing that but I was on the Port so I soon talked myself into it.

Seeing the price of diesel drop to 119.7ppl (the other day) I was holding off over the last 600 miles for it to drop below 120ppl and without looking until after I had stuck Asda's nozzle down that dark hole the screen on pump was a winner :D Then I remembered 10 years ago I was paying about 56ppl..............  :swear:    :dull:

Seeing the price of diesel drop to 119.7ppl (the other day) I was holding off over the last 600 miles for it to drop below 120ppl and without looking until after I had stuck Asda's nozzle down that dark hole the screen on pump was a winner :D Then I remembered 10 years ago I was paying about 56ppl..............  :swear:    :dull:

Some of us can remember paying 4s10d per gallon for Jet 2 star! :ph34r:  :'(

• Like 1

The knowledge that my new scooter uses less than a tenth of the fuel of my car and is still enjoyable to use, more so in some ways-even if COLD.

Some of us can remember paying 4s10d per gallon for Jet 2 star! :ph34r:  :'(

Alright Uncle Albert calm down :P "During the war" 

Wouldn't exactly say it made me smile...perhaps after the event through a sense of relief, but I'll start by saying three words...mid corner aquaplane.

Not a pleasant experience at all and fairly obviously came as a bit of a surprise.  Don't begin to think that I was hooning around, take this as a word of warning.  I was on a road I know well, an A road, it's national speed limit with some notable but flowing bends.  In the dry 58-60 is manageable, when driving with passengers you'll probably slow it down a tad.  Anyway, as for many people it rained pretty heavily last night, whilst the roads weren't wet as such they were damp, so I think I was probably doing about 50 this morning.  The problem in this area is the sheets of fast flowing water that run across the road from field drainage and run-off above.  Whilst we've had worse rain before, I don't think I remember it ever being this bad on this particualr right hander, again its not sharp, it flows.  I didn't see the water until I had entered the bend and it was running across right on the apex, I felt the car lift and float into understeer, thankfully the fronts regained purchase as the rears started to follow, and I guess because they had cleared water the rears could follow without having a similar problem. 

I shall therefore count myself very lucky for not ending up in a hedge, and reflect on the fact that our knowledge of our local roads is building all the time, particularly on more dynamic and continually changing rural roads, so whilst it surprised me this time, I'll be more ready on this section in future.   Phew!!

I wasn't driving but on the park and ride into work.

I lost my gloves (again) last week. When I walked to the back of the bus today there they were neatly placed in the middle of the back row. They been going round the town every 15min for a week and no one touched them.

Maybe the "I have scabies" labels worked after all.

• Like 1

Seeing a man scrub some sticky off his boot lid left on by gaffa tape the only problem was he was using the green scouring side of a kitchen sponge !

Maybe we need a "what made you cringe" thread

• Like 2