VRS Estate in Meteor Grey - Pics wanted

I like it and will be keeping it on my order but hey like any other colour, personal preference.

BTW, what you look at these pics on makes a big difference in how it looks, they look completely different on my iPad 2 compared to my iPhone 5 (much better on the iPhone), gotta love Retina displays :-)

U need to upgrade to iPad 3 so ;)

I think it looks good in the PR snaps - BUT - will it still shine and look good in the mixed and miserable weather conditions of the UK???

All very well and good in photo shoots in Spain/Eastern Europe.

Mind's gonna shine cos I'll spend hours every Sunday polishing it! My Candy White Mark II is terrible in wet weather for showing every little mud spot!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

Have ordered Meteor Grey with leather and grey highlights in the seats not red. Leather is much better value on the Octavia than on the Golf... Oh and silver Pictoris wheels + black pack. Think it all looks great from pics I've seen

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

Have ordered Meteor Grey with leather and grey highlights in the seats not red. Leather is much better value on the Octavia than on the Golf... Oh and silver Pictoris wheels + black pack. Think it all looks great from pics I've seenSent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Better value leather but not better quality,iv a feeling going by what people say the new Vrs seats won't wear well.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from my local Skoda dealer (to add more options, going to cost me a fortune if they don't lock down my order soon lol) and I have now actually seen a Fabia in Meteor Grey and I must say the colour looks much better in 'real life' than it does in any pics I've seen.

This convinced me that it is the colour I hoped it would be. There was one surprise though, the salesman told me that he's just had a update from Skoda and Meter Grey has been removed!

He did assure me that I should still get it, so at least my car and the few other meteor grey fans on here who have already ordered it will have a rare colour.

There was one surprise though, the salesman told me that he's just had a update from Skoda and Meter Grey has been removed!

He did assure me that I should still get it, so at least my car and the few other meteor grey fans on here who have already ordered it will have a rare colour.

Phew!  :whew:

It looks like raw clay. No, it looks like the "boiling" gloop that buried one of the villains in a 007 films. 

It's bland,flat & boring. Awful, truly awful.

What colour are you getting then?

The classic Race Blue. It was a decision between Rallye Green, Race Blue or Rio Red.

As I didn't know what Rio Red would actually look like & I wasn't sure about the resale value of the car in Rallye Green, I went for the classic vRS Race Blue, which always looks stunning.

It looks like raw clay. No, it looks like the "boiling" gloop that buried one of the villains in a 007 films.

That's your opinion and your welcome to it. Edited by Mike83
  • Like 1

The classic Race Blue. It was a decision between Rallye Green, Race Blue or Rio Red.

As I didn't know what Rio Red would actually look like & I wasn't sure about the resale value of the car in Rallye Green, I went for the classic vRS Race Blue, which always looks stunning.

That was the colour I was originally going to get but, I'd already had a Forester Sti for x3 years in a very similar colour. Being a popular, range wide colour, I also felt it would blend in with non vRS Mk3's.

You may not like the grey, but I'm happy that it is marmite to people.

Edited by dc5r666
  • Like 1

Hey, that's fantastic! Thanks!

• Like 1

Just got back from my local Skoda dealer (to add more options, going to cost me a fortune if they don't lock down my order soon lol) and I have now actually seen a Fabia in Meteor Grey and I must say the colour looks much better in 'real life' than it does in any pics I've seen.

This convinced me that it is the colour I hoped it would be. There was one surprise though, the salesman told me that he's just had a update from Skoda and Meter Grey has been removed!

Bloody hell Mike what extras have u added now lol! I quite like the grey, looks good with the dark alloys.

Fair play. What dya reckon of this Canton speaker upgrade? Have u gone for it?

Also did your dealer think that adding things on now will delay things?

I was going to get the Canton speakers and I think it sounds like some quality kit from a quality company but tbh I have two young kids and I'd vary rarely be in the car alone to get any benefit from them so for £400 I didn't think I'd see a benefit. Although they've not locked a date down yet so that could change lol.

He said as its still waiting in stage 1 and its the type of thing they would have plenty of them off the shelf so to speak, that it should make no difference, so fingres crossed.

That's pretty much what I said to the salesman. He just said he had received an update from Skoda and from a certain week number (he couldn't remember exactly what week that was) it would no longer be available but did say existing orders shouldn't be affected.

I've looked on the car configurator and its still there so I don't know if its still available for a little while longer or if its just Skoda UK being slow to update things again.

Maybe it hasn't got the orders in that Skoda expected but after looking at that Fabia in meteor grey yesterday the pics Skoda have put out don't do it justice at all so they only have theirselves to blame if it is. I don't know if it really will look a lot lighter in direct sunlight or if Skoda photoshopped the pics. It didn't look to me as if the look would change that much in bright light, I mean red doesn't turn pink in direct sunlight, well not instantly lol ;-).

I had a look at a Fabia in Meteor Grey at Allams on Thursday and I thought it looked VERY smart with the gloss red and black highlights. I am thinking about it seriously for my order (or red with black pack). Suspect it will be another colour like white and black that can look stunning clean but will need to be kept glossy. BTW still no swatches for Rio Red and no hint that the grey has been dropped.