07 roomster should i buy

dnlbwls

hi ive looked at an 07 roomster 1.6 3

56k on clock

few chips here and there apart from that clean and engine looks fine, 6 service stamps ,everything looks good

it has the arial at the back and panaramic glass , climate control , so i believe either that's the 3 spec or in between a newer model and the older model

anyone with any experience in this model or engine please

cheers guys

no one at all????

i thought i'dve got loads of opinions on either this model or others, i have been eyeing a 1.9tdi up also but don't do too many miles per year and would like something with a bit of go in it(roomster wise)

car i'm part exing is a hyundai coupe

I think it depends what you want the car to do we purchased for its versitility also because we have 2 medium sized dogs and the Roomster gave the space to put them in the back without putting down the rear pasenger seats. For versitility the seats can be put down indevidually or removed completely so you can carry a big load. I have a Roomster 1.2 SE TSI 86ps petrol and find it good on motorways, good acceleration, holds the road like glue and little or no lean when taking corners. I am biased on the vehicle but have no knowege on the desel versions. I would suggest you have a test drive in it and see how you find it, as it is a personel choice and preference I think it is a Marmite car ether you love or hate it, the wife and I love it. Another thing to think about is that the vehicles Skoda are based on VW technolegy and many say better built.

i did forget to mention my missus has a 1.2 2012 model so  know how versatile they are we have a little dog now and obviously i can't drive around with him and my missus in a coupe,was after something practical i can afford to run etc etc hence i looked at a 2007 as theyre within my price range,i looked at one before getting my coupe and i have found they have grown on me , i think ive read this forum about 3 times lol

same sort of mileage in both cars and i'm just hoping everything is ok i'm back looking at it saturday as i work nights .

On an 07 plate I believe that will be the 3 spec if it has panoramic and cc.

But I would consider a 1.9 as well. If it hasn't got dpf, which i don't think the ones below 08 reg do, then it shouldn't need nearly as much annual mileage.

Not having tried the petrol, I can't be certain, but on paper the 1.6 petrol and 1.9 diesel are almost identical top speeds and the 0-60 is half a second quicker in the petrol. The diesels approach 60mpg too.

I agree with everything posted by Alex and Grafitti.

Here are some figures from Skoda's 2009 brochure for the Roomster: -

Power 1.6 16V 105BHP @ 5,700RPM......(1.9TDI 105BHP @ 4,000RPM)

Torque 155Nm @ 3,500RPM......(240 @ 1,800)

0-62MPH 10.9sec......(11.5)

Top speed 114MPH......(113)

MPG Urban 30.7.....(42.2)

MPG ExtraUrban 49.6......(61.4)

MPG Combined 40.4......(53.3)

Emissions 165g/km.....(139)

VED Band G.....(E)

The petrol engine is rather less vocal than the diesel engine

I'm 99.9% certain 1.9 TDI engines in Roomsters for the UK market do not have DPFs

My 1.9TDI almost always betters 50MPG and with so much low-down grunt, it is a joy to drive.

I have owned mine for four years from new and struggle to think of any other car I would rather own.

Hope this helps

i have looked at both the 1.6 and 1.9tdi, realistically within my price range

i just felt i don't do enough mileage for a diesel although i know some say that doesn't matter nowadays,dpf shouldn't be on any car before 2010 i think it was and then you can have them cleaned proffessionally or removed also i know of good companies that do this

i have looked at both the 1.6 and 1.9tdi, realistically within my price range

i just felt i don't do enough mileage for a diesel although i know some say that doesn't matter nowadays,dpf shouldn't be on any car before 2010 i think it was and then you can have them cleaned proffessionally or removed also i know of good companies that do this

The decision to buy diesel or petrol is not just to do with the number of miles.  You look at the purchase price difference between petrol and diesel and decide whether you do enough miles over the time that you own the car for that difference to be made up through lower fuel costs.

I drove the 1.6 petrol in a Fabia and found it a bit underwhelming.  Not particularly economical (mid 30's) and not particularly good performance.  Had the 1.9TDi in an Octavia and found it a great engine - bags of low down punch and 50+ mpg.  The 1.9TDi is a fair bit noisier than the 1.6 petrol under load but at cruising speed it settles to a gentle thrummmmm.

I have recently ordered a new Yeti............ and after my experience with a 1.9TDi Roomster, which I have now owned for 7 years from new, I certainly wanted a similar engine. The Roomster 1.9TDi has lots and lots of low end pulling power, good squirt when you need it for overtaking, and even now I have to try really hard to get it to do less than 50mpg (rural or motorway motoring). Always 55mpg plus on a long run.

My favourite game is to drive the 17 miles from home to Gloucester, some hills, lost of bends, and a couple of villages to go through.... and try to get as close to 100mpg as I can. I haven't succeeded in reaching the magic number, but I have reached 97mpg. :happy:  That was done by putting on the cruise control at 45 mph, (windows closed, A/C off), slowing down to 30 through the villages, and smoothing out the bends.

Fill up the tank with diesel.... and delight in seeing the "range" show 700 miles or more on the display.

Don't rule out the 1.9TDi :happy:

Rod

not ruling it out , theres a grand difference i price tbh hence why i looked at the 1.6 which goes with my budget i set,including tax insurance and running etc

Edited by dnlbwls