Tow Bar WOW ! must be Solid Gold

Hi Guys

Can anybody suggest a reasonably priced tow bar fitted in the South East.  I have a 6 month old 1.6D SE Connect and I just called the dealership and they quoted me just shy of £900!! they say its because the engine management system needs tuning otherwise it will invalidate my warranty.  With a quote like this  I will have a nice trailer for sale soon.

Any Suggestions gratefully received

Thanks Blubs

The dealer would be the last place I'd approach for a quote.

Most of them sub-contract the work out to a local towbar fitter anyway - and then stick on their margins!

Berkshire Fire & Rescue uses a place in Reading called Indepension and apparently they're really good. Not sure of the prices, but I don't think they're particularly expensive from what I hear on station.

• Like 1

My OH was quoted that when he went to look at a mk3 Octavia recently and they said because you're hacking in to the electrics if anyone else does it, it will invalidate your warranty :/

We had a westfalia detatchable bar with single electrics fitted by the independent fitter recommended by our dealer when the car was 3 months old, he used a relay for the canbus connection. Think it was around £300. We had 3 warranty issues with the car and didn't have a problem getting sorted

Thanks guys, I just called a local tow bar fitter who said they could fit it and also program the system all for £790.00 !!! I have got another number which I will try, just concerned about Skoda not honouring a warranty issue if its done independently

When I had my BMW 123D I got a quote from BMW for buying and fitting a towbar (purely to fit a bike rack) and they said 2 days labour, recoding electric thingymagigs and several cups of tea would be £1,500 of your English pounds thank you. I was even told as I had the high power engine I got a cheaper quote as I didn't need the 2nd fan fitting to my car (it already had it).