problems with playing tunes via blutooth on phone prep fabia vRS

my phone (iphone 5) connects fine, and when I choose BT-Audio it connects to my phone, but I have to press play  on the phone to start it, and can only change tracks on the phone, by pressing the screen...

when its connected to swmbo's citygo PID system, you can start and stop the playing from the screen and change tracks using the buttons on the stereo.... if I try to change tracks in the fabia using the buttons on the stereo , nothing happens...

Is it just because the phone prep in the fabia is poor, and not as good as the PID in the citygo? or do I need to do something simple I have missed! lol...

Thanks.

For the controls to work, the bluetooth module must support

Audio/video control transport protocol (AVCTP)

Without this, you cannot control the phone remotely.

For the controls to work, the bluetooth module must support

Audio/video control transport protocol (AVCTP)

Without this, you cannot control the phone remotely.

so is this something the PID in the citygo has, and the blutooth system in the fabia doesn't? simply means i have to live with it?

You can use your voice to control it, press and hold the telephone button and say music, then say play and the music should play, press the button and say next to skip to the next track

For some reason the only control you have on music through bluetooth is the "start music" command on voice control. On the Monte Tech satnav set up you can play and stop music as well as change tracks. A much better set up but I don't know why. Another area in which the Monte is better than the "top of the range" VRS.

• Like 1

It was a feature they thought necessary for those start ups that sound 'like a dumper truck when unloaded'.

How is it now, all sorted, and are you enjoying the economy?

george

Yeap all sorted last weekend. After a software update at the dealer on the Saturday all is well. Cart understand how you can get identical cars, one running fine the other requiring an update buy never mind. I enjoyed the economy of the VRS so I'm loving this! Its nippier than expected as well.

• Like 1

For some reason the only control you have on music through bluetooth is the "start music" command on voice control. On the Monte Tech satnav set up you can play and stop music as well as change tracks. A much better set up but I don't know why. Another area in which the Monte is better than the "top of the range" VRS.

I can change tracks in my vRS via voice control, don't know what you're talking about. Still, this is 100% useless and thus I never use it. By the time I would have pressed and holded the voice button, waited to hear "main menu", said: "Music", waited a little more and said: "Next" I have reached my destination...

so is this something the PID in the citygo has, and the blutooth system in the fabia doesn't? simply means i have to live with it?

My guess is yes and it's so frustrating because otherwise the BT Music function is simply great. No need for adapters or external drives. Just refresh your mobile phone's collection when you feel to and that's it.

I thought that recent Android 4.3's AVRCP implementation would change things but it's still the same. I've ended up having the phone nearby and changing tracks by its volume rockers (when screen is off they work as next/previous buttons).

Would anyone know if it is possible to recode the bluetooth module or something like that?

Edited by newbie69
  • Like 1

the media system is my cars worst failing in my opinion, the blue & me in my old 2007 fist grande punto sporting was perfect, and worked a million times better than the skoda attempt (except the PID in our citygo, which is awsome) it would pick up where you left off immediatle, and the voice control was better, you could simply talk to it in sentances rather than trying to negotiate a menu, and it would work! "random on" for example..... ect ect ....

I have a 250gig HD attached to my MDI port, with 5,000 + tracks on it, only problem is, it takes about an hour and a half for the skoda system to get the indexes and start it working.... the fiat blue & me would work instantly, no matter how much storage you had attatched! think the manual limits it to about 1,000 tracks, in which case, I may as well use my phone! *sigh whats the point in giving me the option for a big HD?! :punch:

annoyed

R6qrD.gif

R6qrD.gif

:D

Is it a Swing stereo the one you got? I just ask because maybe Amundsen (apart from more expensive) is quicker as well, I would have no idea though. And anyway the prices of those units are simply ridiculous...