Lowering springs on VRS

I have a Vrs on order however have noticed that the photos provided by skoda before launch all show the vrs to be sitting slightly lower which is a look I prefer.

Has anyone else noticed this or agree and know of a set of springs suitable?

Not looking for stupid low, just enough to allow 18" wheels to fill arches a bit better like the pics of the one in white attached.

Cheers all.

post-105720-0-20772200-1377934384_thumb.jpg

post-105720-0-90787900-1377934388_thumb.jpg

post-105720-0-79312300-1377934564_thumb.jpg

Edited by DaveA

Ive got a mate who works in the industry and apparently they fill the engine bay and boot with sand bags before they shoot them!

Id be interested to hear whats available as well as I may go down the lowering route when mine arrives.  

I have no idea on that one, imagine there are no springs as of yet due to the vrs being so new.

Im thinking being same car as golf use them but with octavia been an estate or bigger car do they need to be rated to more load

i wouldnt waste your money with springs !

the seem cheap but are a ****** to fit ! 

KW are currently producing performance coilover kits for (unconfirmed) around £650 to £1200 

they seem exspensive but jesus they will make a difference !!

• 4 weeks later...

I've just been looking on etka at the differences between springs on Golf7 and vRS 5E.

It's quite involved - I did the same thing when I put anni shocks on my Golf4.

Skoda pages don't show te weight class of the front axle whereas the VW pages do.

For example,

Skoda spring 5Q0 411 105GJ is the same as Golf7 With 2 blue paint marks on the spring.

VW pages list another spring with 50mm noise isolation and sports suspension with codes G07 and 2UC. The weight class for this spring starts at 561kg and goes up to 880kg depending on the spec of the car.

What I told people to do on ukmkivs was to get all the codes from the boot sticker and the colours of the paint dots on the springs so I could narrow down the suspension fitted and the weight class. From there you can work out the weight class for other springs.

I'll do it on mine straightaway as a reference. If any guys with new vrs' can do the same we can get started.

30mm sounds good, like you im not looking to have the car on the deck and still need it to be practical. Where did you see those springs and do you think they will make the difference after examining your car?

30mm sounds good, like you im not looking to have the car on the deck and still need it to be practical. Where did you see those springs and do you think they will make the difference after examining your car?

If you search I think it is 'eibach by pumaspeed' Iv gone for the Xtreme wheels which will be on tomorrow forgot to look today as been busier than expected

• Like 1

i wouldnt waste your money with springs !

the seem cheap but are a ****** to fit ! 

KW are currently producing performance coilover kits for (unconfirmed) around £650 to £1200 

they seem exspensive but jesus they will make a difference !!

In simple english, what are "coilovers"? 

Replacement springs, or  enhancements to the original suspension.

DC