is the CTHE faster than the CAVE?

lol @ "so to answer your question.." :p

the mapping was the biggest thing I noticed with the new car, so maybe.... I'll get it on a RR and compair with my old one :)

don't forget to put the winters on ;)

• Like 1

Not true at all.

I am not going to check the maths but I read this somewhere and can't find where, so I stoop to your superior knowledge.

It does look as though top speed can be achieved in 6th, but I don't know how optimistic the speedo is at these speeds, but it appears top speed cannot be achieved in 5th.

BTW my CTHE is a better drive than my CAVE. Better MPG and better oil consumption, apart from a week when the oil level dropped to the bottom of the stick; very weird.

Tickover speed is higher leading to smarter getaways.

Tony :blush:

I can confirm top speed is in 6th :p

When Fifth Gear did the MSA distance-time records if the just stuck in 6th over the 100 mph  and did not use 7th at all.

Shame the tyre explode just after the 100 Km mark, wonder how long it would take to empty the fuel tank?   Less than 200 Kms as I would have thought it could only be doing about 12 mpg at those speeds. 

You would hope that that was their intention was in changing the engines from CAVE to CTHE,

Improvements in Reliability, & Economy and possibly performance.

(Better emissions did not appear to be an aim though.)

it is good to know they were successful & achieved what they set out to do.

george

You would hope that that was their intention was in changing the engines from CAVE to CTHE,

Improvements in Reliability, & Economy and possibly performance.

(Better emissions did not appear to be an aim though.)

it is good to know they were successful & achieved what they set out to do.

george

funny you should mention emmisions... when seat announced the revised engine, didn't they drop an emmisions charge bracket on the cupra?

• Like 1

No it was already the same as the GTI & A1 when it was a CAVE, on 215's and heavier than the vRS's hatch or estate.

co2 139 g/km  compared to Skodas 148 g/km.

EDIT ,

Sorry you are right, they had it 2009-2011 @ 148 g/km,  then 2013 139 g/km

They had the 1.4 tsi 150ps FR DSG 139 g/km as well before the new CTHE Cupra came out.

george

• Like 1

more observations that match mine... I didn't mention it here because it was about speed, but my CTHE has been more economical from day one.... and it does seem a little louder, burbles on startup too!

Mine too.

Tony

• Like 1