Happy 63 reg day, what are you doing to beat the waiting time

This waiting is killing me. It's like being a kid again at Christmas. You can see all the ads and everyone is talking about it. But it seems like a million years away before you get your hands on that new scalextric, Hornby train, subbuteo or whatever you were in to. What do you do to tame your inner child.

Edited by Nipani
  • Like 2

What is 63 reg day

Twice a year the registration changes to denote the approximate half of the year you bought your car. It's a quick way of other drivers being able to tell you just bought new  :think:  It used to be once a year, was even worse back then.

From 1st March - 13  ( example DG13 XYZ)

From 1st Sept  - 63 (example DG63 XYZ)

So ur first 14 plate is not out till march 2014?

We also have a new system since jan this year.

From jan-jun it's now 131 and from July-dec its 132. And will be this way from now on. It just splits up the year to increase car sales etc.

Just seems strange the next jan u guys will still be on a 63(2013) plate when ur in 2014.

Edited by Davidsr20

Still waiting as well ordered the 6th April still no estate lol

Even thought of bmw 320d with dealer contribution was in reach and delivery in 6-8 weeks

But stuck with the skoda but its hard very hard

Not worried so much about plate as have private one ,only 250 pounds lol hope it arrives when. Dealer now says will be 1st week of October !!

So ur first 14 plate is not out till march 2014?

We also have a new system since jan this year.

From jan-jun it's now 131 and from July-dec its 132. And will be this way from now on. It just splits up the year to increase car sales etc.

Just seems strange the next jan u guys will still be on a 63(2013) plate when ur in 2014.

March 2014 will be 14, September 2014 will be 64

Yeah, it's not that intuitive. It's more or less completely arbitrary the way they started it off. I'd be happier with just a random registration plate, but I guess having a format that is recognised helps identification and remembering it for reporting to police etc.

Busy with family stuff... in other words knackered after hours cycling with my son and looking forward to work tomorrow so I can have a rest.

Hopefully will get the new car this week sometime.

You buy it online and the certificate of entitlement you need to put it on the car turns up 5-10 working days later.

By then your car will have arrived and be registered (as you can't wait ;) ) so when the V5c (log book) for that arrives you send it all off and swap the 63 plate for the one you paid £££ for.

Alternatively you give the certificate of entitlement to the dealer before yours is registered and and they register your car with your reg, so it's had that reg from new.

I may have done it once or twice... :blush:

• Like 2

Haha it isnt due to be built til week 37! So i've time to tell the dealer what i've bought and the papers prob still arrive long before the car :P 

I wouldnt be spending massive and may well get a 63 plate anyway just one that has VRS on the end of it lol

I'm off to photograph the activity at Exercise Green Flag that starts at RAF Coningsby tomorrow followed by Leuchars Airshow in Scotland.

That should get me within 5 days of my expected delivery date ;-)

That and I have a 'personal' 63 plate that has been bought as a gift for me that I've already given the dealer the paperwork to register the car with ;-)

Edited by boff180