What would dealer need to do?

If you ordered a car on 6th April and its still not confirmed build week suk say now end of October !but still not confirmed

What would you want dealer to do?

He as had our px as couldnt hold price (saves us monthly payment so better off )and has given us a fabia to run round in ,but I kind of think he should be doing more

Like a winter tyre deal ???? Must admit its cheeky but I feel like asking

They should be bending over backwards to keep you interested in buying the car after waiting that long!

Dont ask - don't get! No harm in asking.

I'm sure asking for a bit of something won't bother them as much as keeping you hanging is bothering you!

I think they owe you big!

I've just been in my local dealer and been told a wait until February for basically any Octavia Estate is until February! "To be honest you might as well wait till March 1st"

Is it me or have skoda seriously got their supply & demand badly wrong? I want to buy one, but I can't possibly wait 6 months.  You don't expect to pay £20k+ for something, and then get told that they don't have any to sell?!

Crazy, especially given the heavy advertising they're doing.

6 months+ is aweful, it's appalling customer service.

Mine should be built next week, after 4 months so delivery after 5. I went manual, so dsg may be the delay now. I haven't consider asking for a deal yet, but will think about for delivery time.

I would contact SUK and demand an explanation,you could say that you are considering contacting the motoring press as you know there have been other who experience delays.

I ordered my Elegance Estate mid Aug and have the build week confirmed as 41 the first week in October. Are those who have been waiting/ quoted 6 months have any options above standard spec? Apparently a sunroof or towbar create massive delays I was told.

My Elegance estate was 19 weeks from ordering to landing at the dealers but that includes the factory shutdown period (2 or 3 weeks?) Mine is DSG but dealer reckoned full leather option was likely cause of delay. He's held p/ex price and is refunding the tax and MOT I had to put on my trade-in because of the delay. I'm happy enough with that. The delay was very frustrating at the time but now I'm just looking forward to picking it up :)

Zooty I'm annoyed because I want the car ,if I wasn't a petrol head I would have taken my money elsewhere now,idid research and lots of hours reading test driving others in segment only to arrive at octi as the best product ,then all this happens and you start to doubt the brand ,and as for dealer it's been a hard slog but guess I have what I wanted its just been more stressful than it should be , ALOT MORE !!!!