Whare are all the white Roomsters?

eccleshill

Ever noticed that as soon as you buy a new car you suddenly start seeing cars like yours everywhere you go?

Well it hasn't happened to me!  Got my Candy White Roomster 3 months ago.  I have covered 4,000 miles and haven't seen a single white Roomster!  I've seen Black, Red, Blue, Silver, Grey but not a single white one.

So am I the only one in the UK??!!  Time to emerge from the shadows white Roomster owners!!

Well my wife's got one...!   A Candy White 1.2 TSI 105bhp SE that she got on the 1st of July and it looks good in white too.  We wanted a light colour that would keep the heat out - especially with the large panoramic sunroof - and Simpsons in Colne had a white one available for a promotional offer they were doing.  It came with the 16" Noid alloys and we got the dealer to add the chrome boot strip, exhaust trim and anthracite "Roomster" side graphics (so it doesn't look too much like a van...)  looks very smart and it's a lot easier to keep clean than my black Octavia Scout.  I also occasionally see a white Roomster Scout near Skipton.  Keep an eye out for us in the Pendle area or into Yorkshire.

• Like 1

White is often a popular colour when the alternatives are another £500 for a metallic finish, However with the SE trim, probably the most popular, metallic is a no extra cost option hence people taking advantage. Most people will automatically avoid the base colours when they can get `something for nothing`

Well my wife's got one...!   A Candy White 1.2 TSI 105bhp SE that she got on the 1st of July and it looks good in white too.  We wanted a light colour that would keep the heat out - especially with the large panoramic sunroof - and Simpsons in Colne had a white one available for a promotional offer they were doing.  It came with the 16" Noid alloys and we got the dealer to add the chrome boot strip, exhaust trim and anthracite "Roomster" side graphics (so it doesn't look too much like a van...)  looks very smart and it's a lot easier to keep clean than my black Octavia Scout.  I also occasionally see a white Roomster Scout near Skipton.  Keep an eye out for us in the Pendle area or into Yorkshire.

Love to see a photo claretscout, pritty please, please

Normally, I don't like white cars but I was staggered how good the Roomster looked in white.  Bet it's a PITA to keep clean, though!

First comment I got from workmates was that it looked like a Pope-mobile!  More like an ice-cream van I think  :happy:

Not as bad as you might think - rear end gets grubby quickly, especially the top of the bumper but in general you don't realise how bad it is until that first sweep of the sponge over the roof.  Definitely easier to keep clean than black.

Well my wife's got one...!   A Candy White 1.2 TSI 105bhp SE that she got on the 1st of July and it looks good in white too.  ... I also occasionally see a white Roomster Scout near Skipton.  Keep an eye out for us in the Pendle area or into Yorkshire.

Get over Skipton way quite often - I will give your wife a flash if I see her  :rofl:

White is often a popular colour when the alternatives are another £500 for a metallic finish, However with the SE trim, probably the most popular, metallic is a no extra cost option hence people taking advantage. Most people will automatically avoid the base colours when they can get `something for nothing`

You have something there I think.  When I first specced my car on the on-line configurator it added £450 or so for metallic paint.  Only when I checked out the brochure that I saw metallic included at £0 for SE.  By that time I had decided that I really liked the Candy White and after checking out some of the metallics decided to stick with it.

Still whatever colour, you have to love Skodas best kept secret  :giggle:

Absolutely! 

I used to look at Roomsters and wonder why anyone would ever even put it on a shortlist let alone buy one!  Then I had one for a day as a courtesy car and was smitten!

• Like 1

i had a black hyundai coupe once id spent 4 hrs polshing it and making it sparkle,i'd get to the end of the road(about 4 foot)it'd be dirty again,i presume white to be the same.Ii have a blue one (1.6) it hides dirt well my missus has a 1.2tdi that's a lighter miami blue i think that also hides colour,but she had hers as it was already built awaiting delivery wheras mine is an 07, gotta love em though there so practical and good to drive ive found

Lots of White vehicles in Australia- ( It's the most popular colour here:  :sun: ). This includes my Roomster.

Aussies obviously have taste.

Explains why I don't see any around Yorkshire.  Comfortable for long journeys but 17,000km?

Yorkshire lads have taste too..One of my lads is now starting the purchase process for a Roomster. not white though but as a result of being well impressed with his dad`s

• Like 1

All of you 'whities' have a wonderful career opportunity before yourselves:

ice cream man's van

:giggle:  :giggle:  :giggle:

Must admit that something did look vaguely familiar when I saw this Jowett Bradford in the Bradford Industrial Museum just 1 month after taking delivery of my white Roomster

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/04/35/9c/c2/bradford-industrial-museum.jpg

But I do feel that some have taken the concepts of 2 rooms and raised seating to give excellent visibility for rear passengers just a little too far.

http://www.freewoodpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/popemobile.jpg

• Like 4

I've seen one!!

Well sort of!  Looking at cars for SWMBO yesterday and DM Keith's have a white Roomster Scout in the Bradford showroom.

Why "sort of"? - Well, being a Scout it has lots of black bits.  And....  Nobody's bought it yet!

There's one in DM Keith York's showroom today as well - perhaps they're breeding? Curiously it's a Scout as well

(Unless it's the same one moonlighting)

Or perhaps they're buoyed up by their success at actually selling a white one to me and are filling their showrooms with them.  In all the 7yrs I have been going to DMK's in Bradford buying 3 cars (soon to be 4) and for all the servicing I have never seen a Roomster in their showroom until now.

I hope white ones don't get too common - I am enjoying my exclusivity :D

• 4 weeks later...

There's a nice white one with the black roof near me (moray coast North Scotland)........

Looks very nice!...........

....just needs the black alloys, black headlamps, and black grill from the Fabia VRS/Monte black pack..................and the Fabia VRS front bumper......................

Then I'll buy one!  :love:

There's a nice white one with the black roof near me (moray coast North Scotland)........

Looks very nice!...........

....just needs the black alloys, black headlamps, and black grill from the Fabia VRS/Monte black pack..................and the Fabia VRS front bumper......................

Then I'll buy one!  :love:

So if I read that right you would buy a white Roomster if it was mostly black and looked like a Fabia... :giggle:

Have you seen the Roomster Noire?  No sign of it in the UK. 

It is available in White and black

http://www.autoforum.cz/tmp/magazin/sn/Skoda_Roomster_Noir_zive_02_800_600.jpg

But it doesn't look like a Fabia :(

So if I read that right you would buy a white Roomster if it was mostly black and looked like a Fabia... :giggle:

Have you seen the Roomster Noire?  No sign of it in the UK. 

It is available in White and black

But it doesn't look like a Fabia :(

HAHA......................

The front of a Roomster is a Fabia................what I see no reason for Skoda to have done is fit VRS Fabia front seats, front bumper, grill, black pack and the Vrs engine.....................

The only things they would have to make are special exhaust and rear springs/dampers.....but the Roomster uses the dampers from the MK1 Octavia.

Bloody marketing depts.............that's the main reason why tho.......not enough demand blah..blah

Anyway if I got a Roomster I would swap the bumper, grill, headlights fro the VRS ones!