AirRide -vs- Coilovers: VRS.

Naths vRS

Hey guys thought I'd just put this out there.

I'm contemplating either of the above, but not 100% sure which to go for. I like air ride because of how low it goes, I know you can't drive that low unless some modifications are done or probably not at all, but as with coil overs they are more practical aren't they?

Any give me some help please?

I too was contemplating this, I like the stance of a low ride but my fabia is a work horse and spends a lot of time down country lanes where at times get a bit too raised in the middle and on lowered suspension grounds out regularly :@? , but if I had Air I could raise it up to allow for the terrain  :thumbup: , the only thing that put me off is the whopping price tag  :'( 

Hi, this is a Monte on air ride, the car was at Edition 38 and I have seen the car in some mag’s, you should be able to track the company down on the net. They are called Air by Something??,

The tanks fitted in to the space for the spare wheel, the install was very neat.

I have added some pic’s.

post-106199-0-09706200-1379013454_thumb.jpg

post-106199-0-33299800-1379013463_thumb.jpg

post-106199-0-51938200-1379013468_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Iv had air ride in my fabia. Cheap coilovers in my old ibiza (same as fabia). And only last weekend sold my air for some AP coilovers which i have had on the car since.

You cant beat air for lows but its less practible than you think. Also the fabia is quite a hard chassis and putting air on makes it quite a harsh ride.

The ride on the air was better than JOM coilovers but worse than APs.

You can drive low with air as long as you have a chassis notch done (not a big job cost me £40 as i dont have a welder) and it will still handle if you keep the drop links + Anti roll bar fitted (i did).

Its also not that hard to fit either and can be reasonable if u get a manual 2 way setup :)