Blackline getting new tyres tomorrow. Conti SC5.

Paid £125 per tyre recently for Conti SC5. Been running them for a few months now. Good all round tyre and wear rate seems really good. Might be doing a track day next weekend so will see how they withstand track action.

After 14,500 miles (eeeek) in just under a year I need new tyres.

Booked in at Halfords Autocentre for 2 front Continental SC 5's

That's better than I managed on Conti SC5's. Only 12600 before fronts needed changing. Worst tyre wear I've ever had. I have changed them for goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric 2's and tyre fitter reckons these will last significantly longer. The goodyear is noticeably more grippy and quieter than the sc5 and £116 a tyre also good value. 

Edited by ima

I so rate the Continental tyres.

My car came with SC2's all around.

I had 2 of these replaced at 31k - there was actually some meat left, but they were definitely getting to the replacement point.

I had my remaining 2 SC2's moved to the front and had SC5's put on the rear.

I'm now at 40.5k miles and the last remaining SC2's are still going strong - I'd say they may well make 45k before I need to replace them.

At that point it'll be 2 more SC5's for the rear and my current SC5's moved to the front.

• Like 1

Paying £127 each fully fitted at Halfords, looks to be a fair price.

Cars on the SC2's at the moment. I drive on fast A and twisty B roads mostly, plus like to zoom off roundabouts. This type of driving is probably not too good for tyres, but maaan is it fun!

• Like 1

my factory fitted SC2 lasted me almost 3 yrs - 60,500 kms.

still had some thread left.

i replaced it with SC5 two wks ago.  here's hoping it performs & lasts just as well as the SC2.

newtyres_zpsc9b194a3.jpg

Edited by JR RS