under body plastic cladding

Race Blue

Hi I have noticed recently that my fabia has underbody plastic cladding between the front and rear wheels. Is this standard on all fabias ? My car does have sports suspension so is 15mm lower that standard car, could this be the reason its fitted.

Not all MkII Fabia's have it; my lad's 59 plate Fabia 1 HTP makes do with stone guard sealant instead of plastic panels. Mind the spare wheel well underneath is far better protected than the paint primer finish on our Monte which does have the plastic.

Oh on a side note both Mk1 Fabia's we had previously were fitted with the plastic panels as well, so my lads car not having them was surprising but maybe a cost cutting exercise :wonder:

TP

My 2013 Fabia 105tdi doesn't have it.

My Fabia 1 1.9tdi did, but it seemed to reduce ground clearance significantly: kept scraping on speed-humps etc. Eventually it caught on something, bent, garage removed it, no more scraping. Might have saved some damage over the years I suppose, but I preferred not to wince at the noise.

IIRC the underbody protection pack is only fitted to high end models e.g. you'll probably get it on elegance but not on se or lower. I remember seeing on the dealer Octavia production order system - underbody protection pack1, underbody protection pack2, dependant on model variant. In theory, I think, these could be added as an option if ordering a factory build, but you need the cooperation of a dealer willing to look up the code and try adding it on to the order - I did this for a centre armrest/jumbo box on our Octavia 2 - the trick was specificying the correct factory option for an aux input (£10 IIRC) and the jumbo box had to be ordered to comply but came FOC!

In the past, on the Fabia I found you can buy the bits for the protection pack through dealer spares dept but I found the fittings in the floor pan were missing so that stopped me from going further.

IIRC the underbody protection pack is only fitted to high end models e.g. you'll probably get it on elegance but not on se or lower. I remember seeing on the dealer Octavia production order system - underbody protection pack1, underbody protection pack2, dependant on model variant. In theory, I think, these could be added as an option if ordering a factory build, but you need the cooperation of a dealer willing to look up the code and try adding it on to the order - I did this for a centre armrest/jumbo box on our Octavia 2 - the trick was specificying the correct factory option for an aux input (£10 IIRC) and the jumbo box had to be ordered to comply but came FOC!

In the past, on the Fabia I found you can buy the bits for the protection pack through dealer spares dept but I found the fittings in the floor pan were missing so that stopped me from going further.

I had it on my 1.2 tsi se 2011

Its just a Fuel Saving thing,

and on some models and some are then said to have less Clearance and people and reviewers think that is the lower suspension,

(Some do have shorter springs)

But where actually the roof hight is almost the same as other models, it can be that the tyres with less total diameter & the under Cladding is what gives the measured less clearance.

george

OK, my latest theory is its fitted to every second or third car.

Or maybe only on a night shift production vehicle.

Or maybe its fitted on one production line but not another.

Or if it is made in WInter....

I must admit it seems a bit random.

• Like 2

My Monte has it.  Also an annoying rattle eminating from it...must investigate further!

Yo dude i had same rattle from underneath so got the car up on me ramps crawled under and discovered that the exhaust heat shield around the middle of the car was rattling of the plastic under cladding so it was easy sorted. any sort of rattles p*** me off...!!!

Anyone got a picture? I have two long, sort of dimpled plastic pieces running lengthwise from the front of the car and ending just before the line of the rear wheels.

thats the cladding in question ...so you have it .