Octavia II FL vRS 'Premium' sound sytem? Canton or BOSE?

I found a picture of a Skoda Octavia vRS interior and what appears to be a premium sound system upgrade.  I understand on the new Octavia and Superb a Canton sound system is offered?

I can see what appears to be a badge tacked to the speaker grill on the drivers door. The car is left hand drive model.

My vRS has 8 factory speakers and I would like to upgrade the sound quality without going aftermarket although my local Skoda dealer recommends a local ICE store who in turn recommend Focal speakers to be retro fitted into the doors.

I note all the sound system manufacturers who have collaborated with car manufacturers over the years do not sell or market the speakers outside the respective car manufacturer and car dealer parts department. I.m talking Bose, Dynaudio, Harmon Kardon, Mark Levinson etc. I visited Canton's website http://www.canton.de/en-home.htm but no mention of automotive products or Skoda collaboration.

I was hoping that any premium factory speaker would be a nice upgrade that's guaranteed to fit perfectly come installation.

Any help greatly appreciated.  What size speakers are fitted to my car?

post-97987-0-06163100-1379255383_thumb.jpg

The canton is only available from the factory on the new Octavia 3. A retrofit to yours wouldn't sound right at all due to the EQ side of things being setup for the newer, bigger car. Focal are a decent brand but IMO in the older octy its equally to do with sound deadening the doors for the upgrade benefits to be heard properly. :)

• Like 1

The canton is only available from the factory on the new Octavia 3. A retrofit to yours wouldn't sound right at all due to the EQ side of things being setup for the newer, bigger car. Focal are a decent brand but IMO in the older octy its equally to do with sound deadening the doors for the upgrade benefits to be heard properly. :)

Thanks Yeti_Man perhaps a Focal upgrade is the sensible option plus a http://www.noisekiller.co.uk/about_noisekiller.asp kit.

By the way interested in your brake upgrades for your Yeti.  Porsche 986 calipers, Mintex pads and steel lines sound comprehensive.  What discs did you go with?

Thanks Yeti_Man perhaps a Focal upgrade is the sensible option plus a http://www.noisekiller.co.uk/about_noisekiller.asp kit.

By the way interested in your brake upgrades for your Yeti.  Porsche 986 calipers, Mintex pads and steel lines sound comprehensive.  What discs did you go with?

OE Skoda ones - unless I went for a more aggressive pad there's no isse with the OE quality ones. :)

you can buy harman kardon and Dynaudio speakers aftermarket. You just have to find the distributor

In a Octavia 2 you will always have to make sacrifice as the oem speaker placement isnt ideal for SQ

If you want the oem premium system fitted it would cost a fortune due to the amount of work involved in fitting it all. The premium system incorporates an amp and remembering the car runs a canbus system its not a cheap item.

The oem speakers are 6.5" upfront, not sure on the rears. To retro fit any speakers you'd have to make baffles to fit on the door as the oem holder for the speaker is attached to the speaker and not about to be re-used.

My advice would be replace the front speakers and add some deadening to the inner skin and door card. If you want to spend the time you can also add deadening to the outer skin but that involved removing the innerskin by drilling out all the rivets and removing the window mech.

• 1 month later...

There is a company called "MB Quartz" and they do premium replacement speakers for MK5 Golf's with integral mounts. I would hazard a guess they would do the Mk2 Octavia.

Do a search on Ebay and that will lead you to a couple of online distributors.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Can you let me know if you got any further with this?

I'm after an Octavia II VRS (late as possible) but desperately want to find a way of upgrading the system, speakers and adding proper amplification but I'm hitting a dead end. Only advise I get is to find one with Columbus as it's a bit better and also provides Bluetooth but to be honest I have Mark Levinson sound in my current Lexus which is fantastic so I want to get something close to this. 

I know Kenwood do a straight replacement head unit that's suited but I want something better.

Sounds like you are looking for the same end result so really interested to hear how you got on.

Thanks in advance

Pioneer also do a replacement head unit designed for VAG cars. If you want to keep the OEM appearance these are your only real options and then fit the best quality speakers (keeping the impedance and power handling correct) you can justify buying!!