Citigo Sport MPG and fuel useage

Stormchaser

Since I got my car, the "range" on the PID was 95 miles and the dealership had put in just over half a tank. I've driving 73 miles commuting to and from work and the range now says 80. Not sure I trust the PID....

As has been said, it is a small tank, but we are getting far better mpg than I ever have managed with any of the diesel cars I have owned, which averaged aroung 42-44mpg, while we are average in the high 50s with our citigo.

I don't like running on fumes, but I came out of town last week driving home knowing there was a garage on the way I could get to. So of course I got there and there were signs everywhere saying "cash only" so I thought "bugger!" and got back in the car to a range of "0" blinking angrily back at me. The nearest station was about 5 miles further so I bit the bullet and got there on sweat and fumes. 415 miles out of that one tank which I was pretty impressed with. Never got more than 320 out of the Fabia, which cost at least an extra tenner to fill up.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Am I doing something wrong: I always take it to about 4000 rpm each gear before changing up to the next one - this is needed for responsive performance. I average about 48 mpg in my Sport. Never seen better than 54? Oh so low!

Mine seems quite flat under 2K rpm then I get all the power then. I normally drive in each gear around 3500 to 4000 rpm but over a long time it has recorded 61.4mpg :)

I'm on 1500 miles now and it's quite loose. How many miles has your done?

They do get better as it's run in.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

seen low 70's with our elegance 75 greentech, 1100 miles so far so starting to loosen up

want to try it on the run to brum I get 90+ with my GLII to truly compare the citigo to the GLII on a long run

round town the citigo beats the GL by 3-5mpg, long runs the GL seems better

To be honest, individual figures for short journeys are not particularly informative. Accurate calculated figures from mileage divided by fuel added (rather than PID figures) over a couple of thousand miles or so would give a more realistic indication of what people might expect to achieve.

I've averaged a bit over 52 mpg for about 2,500 miles, with a preponderance of short journeys. To put that into perspective, it's about 7% better than the Smart Fortwo that the Citigo replaced.

It is only a 35 litre tank.

The fuel gauge on most cars takes a fair while to get to half a tank then they always seem to drop quicker.

What are you getting brim to brim?

That is the only scientific way to check it.

Is your PID set to show whole life fuel or that journey?

exactly its a small tank on a small car, 60 mpg is bloody good!

To be honest, individual figures for short journeys are not particularly informative. Accurate calculated figures from mileage divided by fuel added (rather than PID figures) over a couple of thousand miles or so would give a more realistic indication of what people might expect to achieve.

I've averaged a bit over 52 mpg for about 2,500 miles, with a preponderance of short journeys. To put that into perspective, it's about 7% better than the Smart Fortwo that the Citigo replaced.

Tankful I get about 60mpg

• 3 weeks later...

Usual drive - 20 miles A road and 3 miles through town - never went over 3000rpm (honest!) - 55mpg :( - not worth it - in future I'll have fun and get 50:D

Edited by Mafuta
  • Like 1

I can only think its either driving style or the type of roads you drive on. If I drive gently I get upwards of 60, i tend to get mid 50s ( which is going up as the engine continues to loosen up) as I like to enjoy myself too. :)

Just my thoughts.

I think like myself and most expect better mpg from such a small car but in reality the figures issued in all the sales literature are released from figures achieved from a test track controlled by all manner careful economical driving methods. Or whatever they call it. Back in the real world we have the normal road, weather, and driving styles which all affect that final "Why am I only getting xxx amount of miles per tank full" The upside is low insurance, maybe low or zero road tax and decent mpg. You can't in any car go zooming around, foot to the floor expecting great mpg figures, the downside in the Citigo, do exactly that and the economy will suffer.

Am I really reading this - Complaints from petrol drivers when getting  less than 50mpg, on a car that has a small  35 litre (7.5 Gallon )tank.

As victor meldrew would say - I dont beeleeve it