No.206 limited edition fabia vRS

Drewzy

So I swapped my 53 plate yellow octavia vrs in for a limited edition fabia vrs mk1 :) all good so far, pleased with how quick it is, feels more than 130 bhp though? Maybe the previous owner had it mapped? Ive got afew things I want to do, spraying the grill and reg plate recess anthracite being the first thing, coilovers and adjustable drop links have been ordered today so hopefully they should be on at the weekend :) I need to find a decent place to spray the alloys anthracite if anyone knows anywhere in the northwest? I will upload some pictures to this page as soon as I get on my laptop :)

• 4 years later...

Hi there, 

The reason it feels quick is because it is that engine is amazing especially in such a light car, I had that engine in a mk4 golf, my previous car and I know how good that drove. Fabia is quite a bit lighter maybe as based on Polo and the amount of torque makes it feel awesome. Making my new car feel quite sluggish in comparison obviously it's not but it just feels like it as there isn't as much torque and not created at such low revs. 

Enjoy it it's a superb engine and bombproof. 

The later Fabias have a different engine code (BLT), and is said to have slightly more power than the older ASZ ones. I have many years ago seen a graph of someone's bog standard SE producing 155bhp. My 04 (ASZ) produces 142bhp according to one rolling road. The only way to find out if it's mapped and how much power it's producing is to put it on a rolling road. If more than 160bhp it's almost certainly been mapped. 

Hey, couple places in Middlewich on the industral estate. Hopefully see you around, Mines a red one - CU54 theres a few around Mwich/Winsford.

Edited by Xoij
just saw this posts 5 years old lol....