Fabia vrs mk2 itg induction kit

Davemvrs

Hi there,

Had my fabia a few months now and have been looking into buying an itg induction kit but the only place iv seen tht sell them is awsome gti. Does anybody know if anywhere else sell them?

Nothing wrong with awsome gti just the fact that it's £300 that puts me of.

Any help greatly appreciated :)

You could phone Andy@ ITG and he will tell you who the distributers are.  Alternatively speak to VW Racing and look into their intake kit (Which is essentially a rebadged ITG) but the price is also similar.  

Another option is approach other companies and se if they are willing to develop.  However since your living in Nairn (im in Forres) i know there arent many companies up this neck of the woods.  If your interested  in an exhaust on the CHEAP I have a downpipe in my garage that will allow you to go Stage 2 for less than 2/3rd of the price.

Hi Dave, from having looked myself, the price from new is generally just that, the price. Haven't seen any discount going anywhere. Keep scanning the parts for sale section on here, post up a wanted item and search ebay regularly.

If you do buy from new you can at least have the confidence that if you buy from new then if you ever need to sell a well maintained ITG Maxogen will hold it's value well due to lack of second hand ones on offer out there.

I've got this on my car and am very happy with it. It gives you a much greater sense of what the engine is doing plenty of turbo and valve whooshing but for me the real treat is it opens up the noise of the supercharger whine at low revs. As for performance gains, I'm on stock software but am sure the engine is revving more freely and a little more eager, although I have no dyno evidence for this. What is known is that for higher states of tune this is the intake you need.

• 5 months later...

Could you post a photo of the engine bay?

Yes, here it is, clean and shiny:

(Attention! Cleaning/Detailing enthusiasts should not click the above link!  :p   )

https://copy.com/YKW3SleqN1ct1dNB

It doesn't look that different from UK cars now that I compare them side-to-side, am I missing something? I swear I remember sometime somewhere this being mentioned (ITG not possible to left-sided cars). Hmm...

Maybe the Forge kit was a bit different though? I'm regularly checking the bay anyway (once per week or thereabouts).

Another question about the ITG is does it really change the sound of the turbo and supercharger? Wouldn't want to go anywhere near chav area, stock sound is fine for me...

Has there, by any chance, been a comparison of the ITG kit vs. just the VWR filter: http://www.volkswagenracing.co.uk/parts/vwr-high-flow-panel-air-filter-29/ ? Does the second offer any gains over stock and are they comparable to the ITG's gains? Does it make sense to upgrade to this over the stock filter?

• Like 1

Nothing better to do this afternoon so I actually just went through that entire thread if you believe it. Nice build up but a rather sudden and disappointing ending... It's sad seeing members as enthusiastic selling up and leaving and kind of puts you off investing in tuning and the other accessories that go with it. On a second thought though, the oil consumption issue was there all along, didn't appear after any of his mods I think so it can mean that If you've got a good one you can go on with upgrades... maybe...!

Anyways, back to the induction topic, VRS-Powered had a Revo filter but only for a short time before the ITG and the only actual comment was "it does feel a little more responsive" (compared to stock) which from me has been classified as the absolute minimum of feedback on upgrades of any nature, from filters to lamps and stickers...  :giggle:

• Like 2

Forget the REVO Filter, i tried it on a car on the DYNO.

it was worse than a new standard Filter on a Twincharger, in the Standard Airbox. It Reduced power.

The engine in that thread produced power OK and it shows in the 1/4 mile times.

But the car got a new engine in the end.

(& i think a Member on here has maybe bought it at a Dealers.)

If you are going to up the power, its up to you to make the choice,

Keep the Engine/ECU as Standard and buy an Extended Warranty, keep that Void.

Or Tune

& up the power of the engine and foot the bills yourself if it goes wrong.

Wasn't ever considering it. I asked about the VWRacing one just in case it gave anything significant since there isn't much offer for the ITG other than from Awesome GTI or used ones...

Edited by newbie69