Audi A1 Sport seats into my Mk1 VRS..........

coskev

Saw a set of these in the parts for sale section and really like the look of them :)

So took a load of measurements of the VRS rear seats and cross referenced them to a workmates A1.

Everything I checked matched up apart from the lower inner mounting of the rear seat backrest,Audi had a male fitting on the seat,VRS had a male fitting on the car floor,but didn't look like it would take much modding to fit them.so I went and bought a set from Manchester.

Got them home and went to crack on and fit them when I spotted a measurement I had not checked :@

Did not check distance from lower mount to bottom of seat:

vrsseats002_zps15a917b9.jpg

vrsseats001_zpsb230d51f.jpg

Annoyed at myself I was determined to make them fit!So thought easy,strip the frames and swap them from one foam to the other :angel:

Unluckily the catch to release the rear seat backrest is a lot bigger on the Audi seat,so the VRS catch surround would not cover the hole in the Audi seat cover :wall:

Even more annoyed now I got the grinder out and cut the lower mountings off the VRS frames and welded them onto the Audi frames :whew:

vrsseats004_zpsff36ce4b.jpg

vrsseats003_zpsb36fc53a.jpg

Job jobbed B)

Anyone that takes this on makesure you get the Audi seatbelt buckles for the rear with the seats.

Well pleased with them now fitted,match the dark plastics of the interior spot on,and the material on seats is the same as the doorcards in VRS ;)

Both front seats fit straight in and have height and lumbar adjustment,and the rear seat is lighter than the VRS one as a bonus!

This pic shows how the Audi seats make the VRS coloured seats look out of place IMO,the colour is much more user friendly too.My VRS seats were soon getting grubby from the little'un getting in and out.

vrsseats005_zps9cfa8c07.jpg

vrsseats007_zps88bea647.jpg

• Like 4

Well done for sticking at it mate and not throwing in the towel. The seats look like they were well worth the effort. I suppose my reservation is, do they look too modern for the MK1 Fabia...?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Well done for sticking at it mate and not throwing in the towel. The seats look like they were well worth the effort. I suppose my reservation is, do they look too modern for the MK1 Fabia...?

Cheers,they look better in the flesh than the pics.

I think the orig seats look too old for the rest of the interior tbh!Big panels with not much stitching and elasticated pockets on the rear of front seats is very 80's imo!!!! :)

Looks good Kev as you know :) Will have to pop round next time I'm down that area, was a bit rushed today!

Thanks Dan,yeah drop me a text when your about :)

Cheers,they look better in the flesh than the pics.

I think the orig seats look too old for the rest of the interior tbh!Big panels with not much stitching and elasticated pockets on the rear of front seats is very 80's

Yes that is a very valid point lol The quality of those seats looks outstanding. And I very much like the style. I'm sure it has been an awful lot more cost effective than retrimming the standard seats!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone ;)

Would you sell your std seats mate! Job well done on the A1's, looking good.

In parts for sale section now :)

I haven't looked but - Is the middle "male" fitting on the Fabia removable/unboltable? Might it be possible to bolt the A1 bracket in place rather than get the grinder/welder out?

Excellent result either way. :)

No,its spot welded to the shell.

Also the outer mounting points are a different height if you look at pics,so the easiest option is to chop up and reweld the seat frames by along way!!!!! :)

• 1 year later...

hi mate how did you mount the bottom half of the seat

thanks codi

There are some brackets on the car that you need to bend out slightly,then the wire in the base of the Audi base sits in this.

You need to push the rear of the seat base in first,then push the front of seat base down and locate the wire in the brackets.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...