Unless you like a long wait!

As I said in my last post in the Delivery Times thread, my request to have the Columbus Sat Nav added to my car was declined by Skoda as the order was "locked down" last night, however he's done some enquiries and found out that if I had been successful in adding it, my car wouldn't have arrived until late January or even February as Skoda are suffering from a shortage of Columbus units.

Phew! A narrow escape there then!

So if you are considering placing an order for a vehicle with a Columbus, you may want to reconsider unless you want a long wait for your car.

Just thought I'd let you know. 

Odd isn't it? You two are on the EU mainland and seem to have no problems getting exactly what you want just like that. We don't. Mmm...

That will be the SUK factor then :giggle:

Had to write to the manufacturer directly myself when the SUK computer said no a few years back; couldn't have been more helpful, which really says it all.

TP

That will be the SUK factor then :giggle:

Had to write to the manufacturer directly myself when the SUK computer said no a few years back; couldn't have been more helpful, which really says it all.

TP

What did you write to them about Plumber? Did you ask for a spec not available in the UK?

I wonder do they throw in the ROI builds with the UK builds..as if so I could be in for a long, long wait.

I ordered my Octavia on Sep 16th. No build week yet, last news from dealer was that the supplier of the 17" alloys that comes with the Elegance have trouble delivering.

Can get the car early by choosing either 16" or 18" wheels, I think not.

Went to order a Octavia Estate SE 2.0 TDI 4x4 in white with extras but was told 13 week wait, and the Columbus wasn't one of my options. Decided not to wait and took one that was built and only had the spare wheel option, waiting at Emden to be shipped to the UK.

I'm hoping that it has landed or about to land in the UK and that I'll have it some time around 12th October.