ACC causing build delays

Just got off the phone with SUK, my what was week 47 build vRS estate is now delayed until week 6 2014 for delivery in March 2014. I ordered it 2nd Sept so that makes it a 6 month lead time  :@

Cause of delay = Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)

I don't want to change my order but 6 months!! :o  SUK advised to discuss the situation with my dealer for further info. Just emailed my dealer a WTF message so waiting to hear back what they have to say.

I'm not sure what to make of this. I know it'll be worth the wait and I can wait but I feel like a bit of mug at the moment so wondering if I should do something on principle.

6 months!

If you have a PX that a price has been agreed on, getting delayed can have a silver lining, in a way. Though speaking as someone who has experienced significant delays on his own order, I feel your pain!

Realistically where do we stand as the customer? Can we cancel without loosing our deposit? Is it taking the 'piece' to ask for a bit of goodwill?

I do feel mis-lead. I was quoted 12 weeks at time of order and now its more like 26 weeks. Had I been told that at the time of order, I probably wouldn't have proceeded.

#1stworldproblems  :giggle:

To wait or not? I have ordered ACC but I have gone nowhere near asking my dealer on firm delivery dates. At the moment I only have the initial "12 weeks, but probably less" to go on and I think I'll just forget about it until I hear any different.

If I start knocking some of the toys off, what will be a four year relationship with the car, for the sake of a few weeks on the delivery I think I will regret it. After all, these toys were part of the purchase decision and to lose them would weaken the reason to purchase. They may not be necessary, not much is, but I want them.

• Like 1

Bit of info...

Just been into my local Skoda dealers to get final quote before place order & they told me got sent an email today that acc is now discontinued along with lane assist....

Until found out... I won't be ordering as was one of main selling points to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Also been told today that due to ACC build put back to 7th Feb was mid November ordered 19th July, dealer didn't say anything about Lane assist as this is standard on vRS

My dealer has also confirmed the delay with ACC and is in the process of speaking to the Supply team at SUK to find out where we go from here.

I am expecting to hear back sometime Monday on what the strategy is for existing orders.

• 3 weeks later...

I received an email from my dealer on Monday telling me that my car is in production now. I ordered ACC and no mention from the dealer of any delay or change in spec.

I can only take that at face value and hope for the best. I'm in no hurry however.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

SUK said build weeks were; wk48, then wk2, today it's not even listed.

They say that, "the orders are now being processed manually" for ACC cars as the reason for no build date.

If that's the case, I'm not too worried and I'm expecting it sooner rather than later.

(Car details are in sig)

Very confusing, I ordered an 1.4TSI DSG Elegance with ACC, three spoke wheel and power boot week 35 (last week of August) and the car was built Monday Week 43 21st October.  Eight weeks form order to build.

Phoned SUK yesterday with regards to the progress of my order.

I placed my order on the 17th August and was given a delivery time around the end of November SUK told me that I will not recive the car until the end of January/Febuary 2014????

They informed me that there is a problem with the lane assist on this model, I have orded a VRS estate. Dose anyone know if I have a good case to cancel and get my deposit back.

• 2 weeks later...

So good news. My order placed 2nd Sept for a vRS estate petrol with most options (including KESSY and ACC) which was delayed until week 6 has a confirmed build week of next week. Should get it before Christmas. Hurrah!

That suggests to me one of the following:

Lots of people cancelled pushing my order up the queue.

Skoda have resolved the supply problem

There was no problem in the first place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1