Octavia II Audio Wiring WTF?

Hi all,

I've just sold my Nexus and bought a Pioneer FH-X700BT double DIN to replace it.

Halfords gave me an autoleads PC-75-4 adapter cable. I've since checked on the autoleads web site and it's listed as compatible for the Octavia.

IMG_20131016_203342.jpg?m=1381953210

The problem is there's no switched live (ACC). The stereo powers up as soon as the cable is connected and the ignition makes no difference. I've tried switching the yellow and red wires around on the stereo harness like is normally the trick but it makes no difference.

Here's the loom and connector in the car

IMG_20131016_203303.jpg?m=1381953210

IMG_20131016_203249.jpg?m=1381953210

Then with the adapter connected, it looks like the red permanent live on the stereo side connects to a blue wire in the loom, the yellow switched live connects to a double red cable, then the black earth is in the right place.

Does anyone know what the 4 wires (blue, double red, orange, red/white stripe) are?

thanks.

IMG_20131016_203807.jpg?m=1381953216

OK just wheeled the old Nexus out because I remembered it had a pin out on the top.

IMG_20131016_211016.jpg?m=1381954322

So would I be right in assuming that if:

Blue: Safe

Double Red: +UB

Orange: Alarm

Red/White striped: +UB (with switched symbol)

I just need to swap red and yellow, then put yellow into where the blue currently is? Would this just be the wrong adapter that Halfords have given me?

they have given you the correct cable BUT as the octavia is canbus there isnt a switched live.

You have two options:

1. Run a cable to the fuse box on the drivers side and find a switched live

2. Buy a different adaptor cable which is also designed for cars with steering controls. This has a box which creates a switched live

Next question now I've got 2 of you involved ;)

For now I'll be happy to just wire a switched live from the fuse box because I don't need the extra couple of CAN connections.

But I bought this:

$T2eC16dHJHoE9n3KgJBnBQGRpKm7UQ~~60_57.J

Because it was listed as being 2006 VRS compatible. Had to butcher it slightly to get the Pioneer plastic surround to fit on the inside. Now I've come to put the silver fascia back on and it looks like this:

IMG_20131017_132640.jpg?m=1382014217

Going slightly mad with how difficult it is to just put a better car stereo in my Octavia. Not as if it's a particularly rare car.

Does anyone know if this http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/con-ctksk02-ctksk02-skoda-octavia-2004-radio-installation-kit.html will fit in my fascia correctly?

So the silver trim doesn't fit back on because the fascia is in the way? Sorry can't really see from the picture.

If that is the case I would have thought you needed a fascia like this;

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/con-ct24sk06-ct24sk06-facia-plate-for-skoda.html

Someone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :)

So the silver trim doesn't fit back on because the fascia is in the way? Sorry can't really see from the picture.

If that is the case I would have thought you needed a fascia like this;

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/con-ct24sk06-ct24sk06-facia-plate-for-skoda.html

Someone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :)

Yeah exactly that.

That fascia looks pretty much bang on, good find thanks.

Give a local skoda dealer a ring. 

Skoda supply single and double din kits for the car. Thats where I got mine. 

When speaking to them make sure they know you have a pre fl 2006 model AND that you have climatronic aircon. 

But looking at the link it looks correct. You can send CAD an eticket and ask and they are very quick with responses, top site to buy from. 

Give a local skoda dealer a ring. 

Skoda supply single and double din kits for the car. Thats where I got mine. 

When speaking to them make sure they know you have a pre fl 2006 model AND that you have climatronic aircon. 

But looking at the link it looks correct. You can send CAD an eticket and ask and they are very quick with responses, top site to buy from. 

Funny you should say that, I thought 'sod it, I'll go official' and went into Trust Skoda at lunchtime. Sat with the parts guy who couldn't find anything but a single DIN kit, listed for £100.

Hit and miss who you get I suppose.

Took some time this morning to try and find a switched live. Dismantled a bit of the dash and found one.

IMG_20131018_111651.jpg?m=1382111992

It's the smallest black wire closest to the camera.

IMG_20131018_111621.jpg?m=1382111998

It seems to be a wire for the windscreen wiper fuse. It only comes on with ignition but that'll do for now.

IMG_20131018_112127.jpg?m=1382111992

Then connected it straight into the Pioneer loom with a bullet crimp

IMG_20131018_111637.jpg?m=1382111992

It now looks like this until I get the correct fascia

IMG_20131018_124816.jpg?m=1382111992

• Like 1