Park assist

Has anybody else got park assist? And have you used it?

I ask because I haven't had the need to yet, since I been parking away from people to avoid door dinks. I did try the pull out from parallel parking, but I guess I got the instructions wrong as it just cancelled itself.

I've only used mine once -to park, but when I asked it to pull me out of the space and followed the instruction to indicate, I put my hand on the wheel by instinct, just before it started to spin -which cancelled it. I'm not sure that you can ask the system to pull you out of a space that it didn't put you in to, but I may be wrong. One thing I do know is that if you touch the wheel at any point it will cancel whatever it is doing.

Used it on my mates KIa when I borrowed it & it's a very odd sensation... Activate it, let it find the space, engage reverse & let it get on with it.

It nearly smacked another car on one occasion, so I intervened, but have tried it again since and it parked it perfectly between two cars and the distance between the two was more or less the same at front & rear. 

I must admit his Kia isn't a patch on the Yeti. I can see why he wants rid. 

I used mine once so far to bay park, worked ok, not tried parallel yet in this one but did only use it about twice in 4 years on the Superb but the 360° sensor coverage is worth all the money imo, which is why I spec'd it in the first place!

Used it a few times, both bay and parallell. Usually i bay park manually since it takes an extra going forward to do it automatically. But parallell parking in a tight spot works exellent. So does getting out. And it's no problem getting out of a spot you parked manually.

When it comes to parallell the park assist does a better job than me. It does actually park in place with only 30 cm (~1 feet) of clearance on each side. I will post a picture tomorrow showing just that. When it comes to bay parking it works best if there is a car on both sides of the space, otherwise it tends to stray a little.

One important lesson I've learnt, is that you need to watch the multidot-display, NOT the infotainment screen.