MDI retrofit - Loom problems

Hi

I'm retrofitting MDi to my Octavia and everything seem to be going well until I tried to refit the Bolero. Not sure if it's just the loom I have or a generic issue, but it seems that no matter how I try to position the loom and the multi-pin socket it won't fit anywhere and allow the Bolero to be refitted correctly. I have tried pretty much everything bit it seems that the block is just too big. Centre air vents removed too so I can try that route.

Any suggestions?

This is the kit I bought

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-RNS510-MFD-SKODA-Columbus-MDI-AMI-MediaIn-Media-IN-USB-MP3-5N0035342-/180729978836

Thanks in advance.

Or if you remove the top box with a plastic spatula there is plenty of room to manoeuvre the wires so the joining quadlock is to the side of the head unit cage, with the head unit back in...

I know it can be problematic. When I had my OEM phone kit fitted the Columbus didn't sit right. This was because the wiring hadn't been done correctly (by someone who should have known better!) and I had to have it stripped out and re-done.

Sarge.

Thanks.

I'll have another go when the weather is more conducive. I've removed most of the tape on the short loom to make it a bit more flexible.

I will beat it.

Fixed but had to cut the multi block on the new fly lead so it would fit into a void on the drivers side.

Just need to route a long iPhone lead when it arrives.

With the two quadlocks in place I had to have one of the locks to the side of the cage. But I didn't have to break anything.

An alternative as done by a member on here (kbphoto) is to combine the looms to save space.

Having big hands didn't help I suspect, they're covered in little cuts and abrasions.

Will fit a longer lead from the glovebox to the the driver side tomorrow (postman reliant) to go with by Brodit.

Yes, with Bluetooth AND MDI looms behind there, it is an issue.

There isn't the designed space for that really, a combined loom would be used at the factory for both these options.

Have you removed the air con controls? Lots of room behind those usually.

On a Golf there is plenty of room

On an Octavia, No and there is a big metal bar in the middle with sharp edges (not the best design considering wiring could get damaged if it rubs against it)

I made a combi loom for my MDI & BT

It's all done now and pretty impressed with it. Much tidier for just charging never mind better playback than via BT. Wish I'd ordered it as factory-fit now.

C'est la vie.

Are you using it with an iphone per chance? Can it be connected to MDI and stream via BT at the same time? For example, music plays via MDI but sat nav instructions are sent via BT?

I'd be surprised if this could be done as you have to select your media option singly - its either CD, SD, HDD, MDI/Aux or BT, dependent on what you have installed or activated.  

The sat nav stuff seems to come through as a call from the phone rather than normal BT audio which made me wonder that since the BT is still enabled or phone calls that it might still work ok.