Hi,i want to find info on superb extras.

Hello all and thank you all in advance.

I want to buy a secondhand (pre loved)  superb elegance estate  in the next 3 months,not more than 2 years old and possibly a v6 :happy: .

Before I visit a dealer I would like to get an idea of the cost of fitting these extras from skoda or a recommended supplier.

1. full size spare wheel/tyre.

2. front parking sensors.

3. best upgrade to sound system.

Any information would be welcomed even if fitting the above is not possible.

Thank you all.

James O.

• Like 1

I've got the v6, I love it so much! Great value second hand too. Although I can only see one v6 Combi on Auto Trader at the moment. 

I have no idea on costs of these items so I can't help you on that, but if you look out for Park Assist then they will come with front sensors. 

The sound system at the moment as standard is pretty good, but it could do with a bit more depth in the bass. 

Parking sensors I think are possible to fit, spare wheel you could get from a breakers yard? :)

Leon

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum James O.

3. For best upgrade to sound system, consider fitting an active subwoofer, or changing the factory speakers.  I had a pioneer sub fitted into the spare wheel in the boot, and it is brilliant at filling in what I felt was a complete lack of bass.  That cost me c.£200 for the hardware, and £100 for fitting.  Sterling is a bit stronger against the euro, so it's even cheaper now to get the sub (imported from a seller in Germany).  Another option would be to replace the factory speakers, and to do this you would also need to install an amplifier as the head unit really can't power anything other than paper cones.  So budget £100 for an amp, £300 for speakers, then probably about £150-200 for fitting, depending on where the amplifier can be placed.  With electric seats and the bluetooth module, you'll probably have to locate the amp in one of the side partitions in the boot - and there's a lot of trim that needs to be removed to get the wires from the front of the car to the back.

I'm really pleased with my active sub, as it allows the factory mid-range speakers to focus on doing a better job on a more concentrated frequency range.  I do still find the factory tweeters on the shrill side, but I've just dialled those down through the equaliser settings on the head unit.

Edited by JakeBlade
  • Like 1

I'd always got for a full size spare, especially after last year, hit a pot hole that was on the M1 J20 exit at 70mph that damaged the tyre and buckled the wheel.  It was so bad the car was un driveable so the tyre weld would have been useless.  A friend has had a major blow out after going over debris and he only had the tyre weld, when he used it, it came out of a gash on the inside edge of the tyre.

If you buy a car with the tyre weld, you don't get a jack and possibly a few other bits.

A full size spare will get you out of more problems than a tyre weld kit will ever do.

Stereo is pretty good, if you listen to techno then more bass is useful, but if like me thrash metal is more to your taste then the standard stereo is plenty good enough.

• Like 1

I think I paid around £85 for the spare wheel and jack kit when I bought the car (new). They are available on ebay for more but then I may not be rememering the price correctly.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-Superb-Spare-Wheel-Tyre-And-Kit-/171080324997?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&fits=Car+Make%3ASkoda|Model%3ASuperb&hash=item27d52e9785

Remember that the V6 has larger brakes so I cannot be sure that this 16" steel wheel will go over them.

Regarding front sensors, I'd be looking for a car with park assist as this includes front sensors. I doubt you'd be able to find a place that would match the front and rear sensors otherwise.

For sound, Jakes advice above sounds excellent. There is an upgraded stereo option available to 10 speakers. Not sure how many people took it up when buying theirs.

• Like 1

Hi, just to let you know the L&k has the 10 speaker upgrade as standard and it comes with an Amp. This is suituated under the front passenger seat.

It also comes with park assist so you will get the front sensors.

If you go for the L&K it saves on having to retrofit.