Moisture in rear indicators

Hi All,

My brand new car has developed a new issue.

Just a while ago I noticed both my rear indicators had moisture around the boot opening area. Both indicators had moisture at exactly the same place (boot opening area).

I am really surprised as my car is only 10 days old and I don't see any reason it should has condensation related issues.

Is this a known issue?

S

Not heard about this on Octy but the Superb II had a similar issue with front fogs, it was a faulty batch of lense seals but they were eventually recalled and replaced under warranty so I'm sure they will sort out. Are yours LED or standard rears?

• Like 1

Not heard about this on Octy but the Superb II had a similar issue with front fogs, it was a faulty batch of lense seals but they were eventually recalled and replaced under warranty so I'm sure they will sort out. Are yours LED or standard rears?

Hi,

Mine are standard. I did take some pictures to show it to the dealer just in case it evaporates by then.

SPosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Had you just washed it? Sometimes, if you use hot water on a cool day that could cause condensation, but if it just occurs naturally depending on weather conditions, I would say that the lense seals are faulty.

Had you just washed it? Sometimes, if you use hot water on a cool day that could cause condensation, but if it just occurs naturally depending on weather conditions, I would say that the lense seals are faulty.

No mate, hadnt washed it. It happened after a bit of rain.

S

It’s a pretty common issue with lots of manufacturers, Škoda, Audi, Aston Martin to name a few, personally I would take it back as it’s not right... despite what many dealers will tell you.

It’s a pretty common issue with lots of manufacturers, Škoda, Audi, Aston Martin to name a few, personally I would take it back as it’s not right... despite what many dealers will tell you.

Yes I am going to take it back to the dealer tomorrow. The moisture is all gone however I have pictures of it to show.

• Like 1

Good show, IMO it’s about time more people stood up and complained about this type of issue... it’s not acceptable.

I m really tired of these issues.

Rattling noises, rough handbrake, sunglass compartment doesn't stay on, condensation in tail indicators, noisy steering wheel.

And the car is only 2 weeks old.

I hope i gain my trust back in skoda soon.

S

Pretty much every single car Ive had for the past number of years has done this occasionally; the light clusters after all are not air tight.

Its been very wet recently and unusually mild for the time of year, condensation central. If they are filling up with water thats a different matter but a bit of condensation isnt really something to worry about.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...