which is better option

mbuk2456

I need a more economical car for work as my commute is going to be 80 miles a day after Christmas. I've seen a mk1 fabia vrs on a 56 plate going for 5.5k with 1 owner and 48k on the clock, I've also seen a mk2 fabia level 3 1.9tdi with 58k on the clock on a 57 plate for 6k. Both cars are immaculate from what I can see with documented history, which one would be the better option?

What is a good price for a mk1 vrs these days? The late I ones still seem to be strong money

I would say test drive them both and find the one you are more comfortable driving. The vrs will pack more punch for those last minute lane changes on the mway when someone pulls out on you but you mighy find the mk2 a smoother more comfortable ride to be stuck in on your commute to work.

I do high miles for my work and bought a VRS for work. I do always own performance cars so this made sense for me, sporty looks, decent power and excellent mpg. For me I'd never drive a elegance its too plain and boring but depends on you really

Yeah always admired the mk1 fabia vrs ever since they raced one against a mini cooper on top gear

What is a good price for one these days as they seem to vary a lot, age doesn't bother me, just want to try and find the best example I can with plenty of life in it

Re previous post;, it Also depends on your requirement for accomodation.

SWMBO had a Cooper S; great handling straight out of the box, good performance, but, oh dear, no use if you want to carry 4 adults or any decent luggage, unless they are unemployed midget amputees, who are also mute so they can't moan about the dreadful lack of space.

Compared to a vRS, the Mini is an inverse-TARDIS, reasonable size on the outside, pathetic rear seat and boot space.

Having driven the Mini Cooper SD, I was really underwhelmed., especially compared to the vRS, by the 'performance'.

Mini? A triumph of style over substance (that's why I call them Victoria Beckham cars.....